Real estate and investment chat

How about land/property in Taichung or Taoyuan?
When sea level rise destroys much of the other main metropolitan centers, these two safe spots could be golden.

You’re probably safe in Linkou (it’s a plateau) or near Yangmei, up the hill side.

50 to 100 years later. Taipei basin faces some big risks from flooding, especially combined with more powerful typhoons.
With such rises in sea level many coastal cities will be continuously inundated . Jakarta will be abandoned…Shanghai…Miami…Hundreds of others in trouble.

We’ve been through that, the Taipei MRT system has been flooded seriously years ago.

Yeah we know some of us were basically swimming through it .:grin:

Plus the sea level around Taiwan rises faster than the global average. Add that to the highest recorded CO2 levels ever, and it’s already too late. Luckily, I bought property accordingly, but it’s going to be a shitstorm when a lot of overpriced housing becomes unlivable.

This could happen in less than 30 years, too. I believe before 2050 was the date I’ve seen a few times, and it seems the reality is usually worse than the predictions.

According to Al Gore we were already supposed to be underwater 10 years ago what happened to those predictions?

Yeah I wouldn’t panick too much. I was taught in school that we will run out of electricity next year.

The question is will Taichung ever get an MRT

Well…It depends on how much demand is coming onstream vs supply and the temp …We might . :no_mouth:

Buy in Taipei. MRT line or not prices will continue to rise. New Taipei City please that’s for people who can’t afford to live in Taipei, don’t get your panties in a wad. Simple fact learn from history, if we forget history we are doomed to repeat it. Prices in Taipei continue to rise prices in New Taipei City fluctuate and although they might rise quickly when they fall it’s hard for them to recover and takes time to get back.
Example new airport MRT lots of prices
rose along this route but there are many areas still undeveloped and prices are actually falling.
Where to buy? That’s the million-dollar question. Two or three years ago I would have said Wanhua, yes some give it bad lip service, now it’s poised to be the most profitable District in Taipei. Bought a 30 ping apartment for 3.5 million two years ago and now it’s worth 12.5 million.
Taiwanese want to live in Taipei, there will always be demand for property here like my grandfather said they’re not making any more of it. New Taipei City will always be a slave to politics economics etc.
I know two more areas poised to be money makers in the next year or two it’s not rocket science.

In wanhua? Really …

Koo-koo-ka-choo

Yes

I see ppl selling apartments with pretty low prices on renting/buying facebook groups sometimes. Just sayin’.

Al Gore saved the world from global warming and man bear pig.

Yeah some places there are very cheap but the property value is getting ready to explode and already started

According to Al Gore we should have been underwater and 2005-2010 2015 and 2020 it’s amazing how it keeps changing

I see new wanda line coming through new sidewalks and street lights going in new infrastructure if you can still find property cheap there buy it

He was too busy inventing/designing the Internet to run the models correctly.

Yeah it’s exceptionally cheap, murder house or something ? Even then it wouldn’t be do cheap.
Details of how it was so cheap needed otherwise I’m highly skeptical.

The price per ping is average 400000 to 500000 there. A few bit cheaper . Not sure how wanhua is supposed to be super cheap.

It is cheaper still than some parts of Taipei city that’s all.