Futureteller tells my wife she dies

:fume: My wife went to future teller #1 who told her, at 39 she would be in a dangerous age to die. No further details given.

Now future teller #2 told her the same and so … she constantly tells me like “only 2 years left for us” and stuff. :unamused:
She is 35, but the Chinese counting adds 2 years.

When I was on my work trip back home (Germany), the country got on my nerves with closed shops, unfriendly people, women ignoring me :smiley: and everybody telling me, China would nuke Taiwan and it would be good and stuff … but at least I did not have the angel of death standing at every street corner.

Does anyone have details ? What is it all about? Shall I try some pre-christian european magic, draw a “pentagram” on my wife’s butt as protection against evil?
:noway:

Guten Morgen Lieber Bob Honest,

Well, I never gave a flying fuck about Fortune Tellers (Wahrsager) in Taiwan. Obviously quite terrible what those Fortune Tellers told your wife.

Come over and I buy you a beer or two tonight so we can discuss it!

Cheers!
Michel

Fortune tellers…

What my ex did not believe in…

One fortune teller told my ex that our oldest daughter would have problems - especially with me - for hte restof her life. she then went on to tell the then 4 year old girl… The damage is only being repaired now.

the same guy told her that our marriage would be troubled in the future - haha it was already troubled then, and sure, that did NOT help.

I was told that I would nearly die within the next few years - better watch myself when hiking.

Went with a friend to a fortune teller, who told us that our friendship will be paused for a few years after which we will get back together again. I didn’t believe it, but my Taiwanese friend did, so now she moved overseas and doesn’t talk to me anymore… :s

Taiwanese are way to superstitious, they make things that a fortune teller told them come true just for the sake of it… :loco: :loco:

[quote=“bob_honest”]:fume: My wife went to future teller #1 who told her, at 39 she would be in a dangerous age to die. No further details given.

Now future teller #2 told her the same and so … she constantly tells me like “only 2 years left for us” and stuff. :unamused:
She is 35, but the Chinese counting adds 2 years.[/quote]

If I were a fortune teller here in Taiwan I would tell everyone that the next few years are going to be dangerous and that they could die.

No shit… we all know how folks drive around here. We’re all in danger every day and any of us could buy the farm at any time.

Doesn’t take much talent to see this possibility. :unamused:

I recommend that you go to HK for a second opinion.

If that doesn’t work my paypal address is good_fortune@thanks_for_your_money.com

So Taiwanese do what the future f…teller tells them to make it come true?

Hmmm… the f…ing teller also mentioned my wife would find someone new :noway:

OK, so shall I finally write to that German ex-model with wrinkles who keeps sending emails to me? At least she has meter long legs (dad showed me a photo of her in bikini…).

To drink in the tavern seems to be the best solution so far!
Been in the tavern before, ate my pizza with my wife and went home. Came too early to the happy hour. SO shall I wear a bob-honest sticker next time?

EDIT: I start sharing the viewpoint of the catholic inquisition regarding future tellers :fume:

EDIT2: I already know the name of the new guy for my wife, because the future teller said it is her old love. So the story could go on like this: I beat him up, he goes to my wife to complain, she pities him and leaves me, because I am a heartless cruel bastard.
Samuel from USA: if you read this: STOP paying the future teller of my wife!

My ex’s fortuneteller

1. prevented us from getting officially engaged, because it would be luckier two years later

2. prevented us from getting married soon (must wait two years after engagement)

3. told us kids would have to wait until two years after wedding

4. stopped me getting a beautiful house in Bitan/Xindien because it faces the wrong direction (view looked GREAT to me!)

5. convinced my ex that I was in love with someone else (I wasn’t)

There’s probably more, but I’ll have to try and remember. … oh, yeah … her younger brother will become president!

I agree with what someone said above - if the Taiwanese believe it, it will come true, because they’ll make it come true.

Sorry to hear what they told your wife. That’s just irresponsible. Remind your wife that no fortuneteller has predicted any major event that I know of (at least, not before it happened :wink: ). They should be easier to spot in the ethers than your wife’s unreal demise.

Good luck with restoring her security.

[quote]1. prevented us from getting officially engaged, because it would be luckier two years later
2. prevented us from getting married soon (must wait two years after engagement)
3. told us kids would have to wait until two years after wedding [/quote]

Can you give me that fortune tellers name, I’d like to take bomu and bofu there… :help: :help:

Pizza at the Tavern? News to me! Yes, wear that sticker und glaube nicht an diesen Wahrsager Bloedsinn!

Two ways of looking at fortune tellers: either it is bollocks… or is it huge bollocks with great big fecking bells on.

So that’s it. My wife will do what the future teller said it seems (judging from other’s experience)

So she will meet this guy, leave me and jump on the main street at 39 to make ther death come true.

Sounds … gormless …

and thus … taiwanese :blush:

Good old Christianity has its benefits. Last time this buddism knocked me off was when I had to play with the bones of my wife’ dad with gigantic chop sticks. No joke! Had to pick a few bones for the urn.
I D I O T S

[quote=“Taverncaptain”][quote=“bob_honest”]
To drink in the tavern seems to be the best solution so far!
Been in the tavern before, ate my pizza with my wife and went home. Came too early to the happy hour. SO shall I wear a bob-honest sticker next time?

[/quote]
Pizza at the Tavern? News to me! Yes, wear that sticker![/quote]

ups, so its another place. Was the happy hour. But I will really get a sticker for those occasions :wink:

You must be refering to Uncle Alan’s “Alleycats”, home of the best Pizza in town! Anyway my offer stands to invite you for a couple tonight to cheer :stuck_out_tongue: you up before you throw your self in front of a bus or something!

You foreigners just don’t understand Taiwanese culture.

Bob,

Tell your wife to change her name.

My wife was having a spate of bad luck before we were engaged and her mom, who is very superstitious, went to the local hoodoo man for advice. They got into all kinds of details about how her daughter was living with a foreigner and working in a high risk industry, etc. The hoodoo man’s answer: change her name and everything will be right.

My wife, wanting to cause as few ripples as possible, goes along with it. Lo and behold, we get engaged (as we had already planned a year in advance), her company cleans up their safety record, we’re living in a nice house, yadda, yadda; everything’s great - so great that the mother is convinced it’s all because of the name change.

End result: The mother is so convinced by the hoodoo man’s advice, she gets my two sister’s-in-law to change their names as well. They’re still waiting for the luck to kick-in, but it’s comin’ soon; man, she can feel, it’s comin’ soon! All thanks to the hoodoo man…

this is the kind of thing where you draw the line imo. don’t hammer on the wall, yes dear, these slippers in the kitchen, these on the balcony, yes dear, some fuckwit told me i’m going to die, etc, wtf? i would make it abundantly clear how harmful i thought this kind of superstition is, at every opportunity, loudly, to whoever.

as for telling the kid that! oh my god. i’d lose it.

NOBODY can tell or predict someone else’s future. Whoever says “This and that will happen to you” is just putting a goal there for you because obviously the person can’t get his or her own goals or feel not in control of his/her life or not enough confidence in oneself.
Then you only need to agree with that goal and it will happen, but only because you agree with it, not because it was “predicted”.
Now the whole cultural thing in Asia is exactly the same story, I know a lot of Taiwanese who hate to go to see those FT but only do coz their parents force them to.
But it just doesn’t work AT ALL. Whoever say “I ahd a reading and she was spot on” only says, I agreed with it, it became my own goal and I made it happen. Period.

[quote=“bob_honest”]So that’s it. My wife will do what the future teller said it seems (judging from other’s experience)

Good old Christianity has its benefits. Last time this buddism knocked me off was when I had to play with the bones of my wife’ dad with gigantic chop sticks. No joke! Had to pick a few bones for the urn.
I D I O T S[/quote]

Buddhism has nothing to do with fortune telling or collecting your passed relative’s dead bones. People of all religions have their own customes, believes, “tales” and “spuerstitions.”

Reading palms, card reading, or phychic hot lines are common and popular in other parts of the world.

Seeking fortune teller’s advice is a national pastime of Taiwnese (they are not buddhists.) There may be a few good fortunetellers who know what they are talking about and who are willing to help. Most of them are just in for the money and don’t know what “responsibility” or “compassion” means. Their prophecy is self fulfilled, not because the fortune teller was accurate.

Some feng shiu guru told me that in the year of my 40th birthday my luck would turn and I was going to make a lot of money … yeah right … didn’t come yet. Lost some $$$ BTW. Pure bull…