Gangster & Mob films

Someone needs to make a Godmother movie. The real story of the lasagne-making women that are the real secret to the success of the Cosa Nostra in America.

2 Likes

Success? Do you know how many mobsters have died from obesity and heart disease? Just look at James Gandolfini. :sunglasses:

2 posts were split to a new topic: From g&m films

What the fuck are you talking about. How is a gangsters movie supposed to be so that itā€™s not catered to heterosexual white male with privileges? like fucking Heidi or perhaps like Brokeback Mountain?

And I donā€™t even really like the genre much, but come on, letā€™s use a bit of common sense here.

2 Likes

Agreed. But she has to wash the dishes too.

As my wife put it, Irishman felt like I was watching a wax museum. Too weird. It made me feel old. I cut it off about halfway through, Iā€™ll finish it some time

You got jokes. LMBO

Split:
https://tw.forumosa.com/t/from-g-m-films/186069/2

:wink:

1 Like

Was Gandolfini an actual Ganster? Or just played on TV. :thinking::thinking:

Korean gangsta film Chingu ā€œFriendā€ was pretty good. I enjoyed it, worth a watch.

2 Likes

City of God and Goodfellas are probably in my top 5 favourite movies ever.

2 Likes

Ha, she would hate classic Mafia gangster films like ā€œOnce upon a time in Americaā€. The opening scene is a phone ringing for about 5 mins.

She hates all of them! Usually I canā€™t get her to watch them, but she heard the names in this one and figured why not.

Oh man. See, the whole point of this one is the payoff. That chilling tragic conclusion makes the long trudging journey all worth it.

I dunno. I wasnā€™t that blown away by the denouement.

A masterpiece of direction and acting, though.

ESP

That final shotā€¦

:open_mouth:

Iā€™ll get to it!

I couldnā€™t finish the Irishman. Kind of boring.

1 Like