Gangsters rule?

[quote=“Dangermouse”]
He was threatening to send the boys round to kick the shit out of me if I didn’t drop the charges but so far nothing has happened. It’s been 6 months.[/quote]

That’s probably because the lads don’t see the point. Guy fucks up, gets caught, and now they’re supposed to go beat up some foreigner? Even the stupidest of low-lifes would have a hard time getting off the couch for that.
But I’m sure you already know that.

Somebody threatens you with retailatory beating here, give them a reason to view such an action as either dangerous or unrewarding, and you’ll be fine.

Dangermouse wrote:

No one likes a bully. Even in Taiwan pssssst believe it OR not. The problem is picking out people like we would back home which would bring me into that profiling conversation Mordeth tried to point out. Profiling or better yet - choice of friends.

Do you really want to play the lottery with people you didn’t grow up with or haven’t had a clue as to where they came from or how they formulate their thinking. Fawk No.

The problem is this- the Taiwanese have figured out that we respect their bountries when it comes to violence. Unfortunately, they take it a step further in alot of circumstances in which we wouldn’t. Back home, I severely doubt that I would have let up. I truly think that I would have been as Gung-Ho as unsual with no mercy. For Fawk sake…I didn’t throw a punch. Although, something inside of me pleaded and said “this isn’t your country…you might be in the wrong”. However, I do believe that the use of force is universal - If ya feel guilty then ya generally are, agreed? Plus if you take into account that because they are on their soil, they take Brotherhood to the next level. Unlike the average Foreign shmuck who see’s the guy next to him as a good time and as someone he’ll remember as bein his beer drinkin buddy and no one else. He’s a story and that’s it.

This is home turf. Value the friends you have and know them instead of pickin who’s right for the moment. Perhaps maybe then you might see the tables turned. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like this will ever change in Asia between foreigners because it’s a constant pissing contest.

I learned the hard way on a couple of occassions because I had assumed too much.

Gamble all ya like but ya never know.

Ok so onto the point - gangsters will rule where the Police won’t. The grey area in Taiwan is ruled by these dudes and it’s hard to pin point who exactly is a gangster because everything in Taiwan (or China) has a gang mentality about it. Refer back to Guan Yu.

P’z

hick (no pun intended)

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]So lets bitch about the lack of law and order, gutless/useless cops and then turn a blind eye when something happens?

Okay. :unamused:

HG[/quote]

:bravo:
My man ! :notworthy: :notworthy: :bravo:
Well said