Gas shut itself off. How do I turn it back on..?

I left the gas on while I slept. It seems to have turned itself off. Not dead or exploded the apartments, which is very nice, but I do not know how to turn it back on. Can anyone help - no hot water and no cooking facilities is a bit of a bummer (albeit much better than what could have happened).

Is it bottled gas or mains gas? I presume thereā€™s a reset button on or near the regulator in any case - do you know where that is?

Thanks for your reply. Itā€™s mains. I do not know where the regulator is or looks like.

Oh I guess I found it. It has a flashing red light which apparently means I need to contact the gas companyā€¦

Ah Ok. I had to press the rest button and wait 3 minutes. Amazing tech saved my lifeā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, I was going to say see the below thread also. It seems youā€™re not Forumosaā€™s only explosion risk. :sweat_smile:

:sweat_smile: haha yeah scary really when you think about it!

Oh aye, when i was a lad i came home from school the house stunk of gas and my mum and sisters were asleep in the lounge.

Got a bollocking for waking them up though :nerd_face:

There was a note in our building elevator last week to reset the gas meter to zero or something.