George Floyd 2021 and trial

I watched most of the defense’s summation. He spent a lot of time on the video, repeatedly showing the difference in perception when you look at a still photo and the video in real time. He then spent another long while talking about GF’s heart blockages and the drugs in his system.

I felt DC would escape the murder charges but not the manslaughter, based on the fact the GF was in his care, and while maybe not killing him, he allowed him to die. I was wrong.

Part I: Derek Chauvin–to appease the crowd
Part II: MPD–to start solving the problem

https://coms.doc.state.mn.us/publicviewer/OffenderDetails/Index/261557/Search

2 Likes

The defense asking the prosecution witness to comment on bodycam video, for people who want to honestly discuss the case.

Yup. It is understandable the the defence would grasp at any straws, but a couple of stills taken from just before the paramedics arrive does not change the narrative or the facts. It seems the jury saw through this, too.

I think the jury got two out of three ain’t bad. The third one is going to make this last. Lots of protests in 9 months or so.

I’ll watch it. Typically appeals are hard and the limitations of what you can appeal and the burdens you need to meet are difficult to overcome.

However, interviews like this will help with the defense appeals:

588 pages and nobody in here posted the original bystander video that showed George Floyd being murdered??? or did I miss it?? Did anyone here watch the Darnella Frazier video…which was THE most crucial evidence that got Derek convicted of murder? Oh yes! I watched it on May 26th, 2020 about an hour after Darnella posted it and I was appalled, outraged and literally cried that day. No human being should’ve done this horrendous act to another human being. Justice was served!!! :cry:

2 Likes

I’m really not sure, but let’s just say if it had not been posted, it wouldn’t surprise me.

You know what they say, one person’s evidence is another person’s narrative impediment. :wink:

Or more aptly put:

1 Like

Which narrative might that be? :thinking:

Is there an adult in America who hasn’t seen that video? I believe the video was posted in another thread. Please note this thread title and when this thread started.

2 Likes

Right, that was me, I posted it right about the time it happened, said the cop needed to be brought up on charges.

Yep. I have not watched it. I’ve seen the often used still photo, but have not watched that vid or any others associated with the Fentanyl Floyd case.

Seems like it was still a good enough reason for some good old baiting though. Then again, it doesn’t take much!

It’s tough to have an opinion of the trial or the legal culpability of Chauvin and the others without watching it and a good portion of the evidence presented at the trial, though I know many here still do.

I do not have an opinion as to the verdicts of the case, but I definitely have an opinion as to how the media, politicians and others have reacted to this incident since its inception.

For example, one “reporter” for the Washington Compost, prior to the trial, wrote that the MPD killed Floyd. She did not say allegedly or the officers are charged with, etc., etc.

1 Like

That’s new. :laughing:

Mark Levin has been using it for years.

I guess that’s why I missed it. :roll: :laughing:

1 Like