Getting kicked out - HELP!

I did the same thing, but was not signed on at a school, so just got the tourist visa. When she asked why I wanted to return to Taiwan, I just said I wanted to see the things I wasn’t able to because of being to busy with work. I didn’t mention my appeal and told her I quit my job and needed to change my visa.

I have heard from a few people now that also had no problems getting a visa this way.

Hey tofuren, any news on your appeal?

Just an update. Every other day I would ask my boss if she had heard anything about my appeal and then one day she said, “oh yeah-we got something in the mail a while ago. Let me try and find it” So she is looking for it for a little bit, because she set it down somewhere. When she finally found it, she handed me a paper all in Chinese. So, I have no idea what it says and I ask her what the outcome was. Without really giving it a thought. She tells me the paper says I have to leave because doing a demo is not allowed. Very lame. I have heard of people in similar situations being able to stay and some not - I guess my boss either didn’t pull some strings or had no strings to pull.
So, I am back in the states. At least I had some time to get my things together.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat. All I can say is:
Try not to sign anything
Don’t admit to anything and if are going to work at a school you are not suppose to be at (kindergartens, daycares) know your getaway.

Hi everybody,
I hope people are still discussing this topic; I would like to read your opinion especially from brian, ML McLean and Satellite TV.
My friend’s family are living in Taiwan, sometimes she baby sitter her nephew when the parents are not at home, of course she does not charge any money for that because they are family, however now she is pretty scare because some foreigners have been deported in weird circumstances and someone showed us a definition of work that is used by the Labor Bureau that could include her activity as work:
The term “work” refers to any labor or services rendered, regardless of whether it is for pay or voluntary.

重申就業服務法(以下簡稱本法)第43條規定之「工作」意涵
發文日期:中華民國95年2月3日
發文字號:勞職外字第0950502128號

上網日期:95年02月13日

一、按本法第43條明定:「除本法另有規定外,外國人未經雇主申請許可,不得在中華民國境內工作。」亦即本法對於外國人在我國工作係採許可制。又上開之「工作」,並非以形式上之契約型態或報酬與否加以判斷,若外國人有勞務之提供或工作之事實,即令無償,亦屬工作。
I wonder how my friend can get a working permit to take care of her nephew when the parents (uncle and aunt) are not at home since all the family members are foreigners but none of them have been authorized by CLA to hire foreigners.