Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Yes … first self-paid AZ doses were given on 04/21, so the first 10-12 week period for self-paid AZ 2nd doses would begin 06/30

I got my first self-paid AZ vaccination on 04/22, so I do not expect to be able to schedule a 2nd dose appointment until 07/01 … but I hope tomorrow morning (06/23) I can register for and schedule that 07/01 appointment

My Chinese language is terrible … but it seems to me that some people are confusing “registration” dates with “administration” dates … this confusion could be happening when originally spoken/written in Chinese and/or in translation to English … but it seems that every official source and person that I have consulted has said the same thing when I questioned for the details …

REGISTRATION for self-paid 2nd doses may begin on 06/23 … but appointments for ADMINISTRATION of self-paid 2nd doses must be scheduled during the 10-12 week period following the self-paid 1st dose

for example:
I got my self-paid 1st dose AZ on 04/23 …

so, on 06/23, I may be able to REGISTER and schedule an appointment for my self-paid 2nd dose AZ …

but my appointment for the ADMINISTRATION of the self-paid 2nd dose AZ must be in the 10-12 week window, 07/01-07/14

4 Likes