Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

I got my second AZ shot at NTUH today, exactly 10 weeks after the first one. It overall went quite well and they’ve definitely improved the process a lot since May, at least in terms of throughput and crowding.

It wasn’t much faster though, at least in my case - about 1.5 hours between entering the building and leaving it, with a lot of sitting around on chairs fairly close to others in between.

The vaccinations were being done in some big open gym or something (which I think was one of at least two buildings) off from the main NTUH buildings, with people divided into groups according to the SMS previously sent. The consent form was given out in the first queue, then had to go inside and queue briefly again to register, then queue again and get my temperature taken, then sit in the first waiting area for an irritatingly long time (maybe 30 min), before finally being called to the vaccination area, where a nurse moved around with a trolley injecting everyone (another wait of 30-40 min, as the nurse disappeared for ages just before me). Then hung around for 15 min or so before wondering off.

No real discussion with a doctor this time either - one just came down the line of people asking everyone if they had a fever etc. and whether they’d had a severe reaction to the first dose.

I also forgot my yellow vaccination card - oops, didn’t realise until I was on the MRT and no time to go back. It wasn’t an issue though - they just gave me a new one (although I had to specifically ask them to add the details of the first shot).

11 Likes