Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Ofcourse they are. But they’re not accessible.

The great Taiwan IT minds used write-only memory for their computers.

If the records do show up on the NHI app, the app is all still only in Chinese language at this point, so that won’t help you much if you are traveling abroad or if people want to see an official “vaccination card”

I’m a few days short of the requirement. Bugger

Guess I’ll try in a few days when hopefully they have more days on the form.

I was at Xintai hospital and they told me I can get the second shot anytime. However I’m a bit sketchy about this and I really want to have it at around the 8 week to 10 week mark, as I’ve read it’s actually better to have it further apart (like 12 weeks) than too early. But it’s also not letting me make appointments that far ahead.

In the beginning they did not store vaccinations on the medical record. My NHI data has no record on it. It was probably an oversight. I think they are doing it now.

Maybe they will retroactively add it during the second shot. I will ask about it then.

2 Likes

Seriously? That’s unexpected… Maybe that explains the little “COVID” sticker they added to my NHI card after the first shot…

2 Likes

The nurse was very clear don’t lose the yellow card if you want to travel.
The weishengshu couldn’t see clearly that I had the first dose on the NIH system. They probably could see my hospital visit but not that I had the first dose.

Now I’ve finally got fully vaccinated I don’t really feel very exultant , I think it’s because we really need most people to get vaccinated and it just feels a long way off. But it does make travel a lot more feasible and I plan to travel to see my family this year (the adults will all be vaccinated ).

3 Likes

I got the Pfizer for the second shot in the US so I have two cards. No idea if Taiwan will consider me vaccinated.

3 Likes

You have protected yourself and others, so that’s great. Congratulations!

Guy

4 Likes

This afternoon (06/24) I received a phone call from NTUH … the nurse called to confirm that I had received the text message about my self-paid 2nd dose AZ appointment that they scheduled for me.

It was a nice surprise, because the nurse had an interpreter ready to help translate to make sure I understood where and when for my appointment.

My two questions were about the location and the fee … NTUH nurse’s answers are as follows:

Location for my July 1 appointment for self-paid 2nd dose is the NTUH International Convention Center (near the NTUH Emergency Room)
Address: #2 XuZhou Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei … she said, once I arrive at the entrance, there will be staff at the entrance to check-in and then they will direct me to the vaccination clinic.

The Vaccine is FREE, but I should come prepared to pay an administration fee (but she did not know for sure if it would be the same or less than last time’s 600 NT$)

Also, she emphasized to bring my APRC ID card, NHI ID card, and the Yellow Vaccine Record Card I received after getting the 1st dose AZ

So, NTUH turned out to be very efficient and helpful … automatically scheduling new appointments for eligible self-paid 1st dose AZ patients, sending text messages to inform the patients, and then follow-up phones calls to confirm the appointments (with translator readily available) … very professional … just wish I had known it would go that way beforehand, as my personality is too worry a bit too much for things.

8 Likes

I thought this had been waived now. Does this match with what others have been told/charged?

1 Like

Mine was free, in fact everyone was and cut the time in the hospital

That’s what I thought - it’d be weird if NTUH have a different policy.

I thought I read something about 200ntd fee. Could be wrong though.

I thought you had yours already? did you pay?

1 Like

Free in weishengshu. Hospitals may have different policies .

2 Likes

I should add Free in Pingtung to that then.

Happy to report myself and the wife are sailing through the 2nd dose with barely any symptoms to report so far.

That deionised water Japan donated really is good stuff ! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

A friend of mine in Luodong was vaccinated on May 3. She talked to the hospital and was told she could register on June 28 for her second shot. No idea when she would receive her second shot.

June 28, the day she can register, happens to be 8 weeks after her first shot.

3 Likes

10-12 weeks after the first shot is CECC policy to try to ensure that the AZ vaccines are as effective as possible.

Guy

1 Like