Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

It’s outside Taipei and NTC.
I just showed them my ARC and my NIH care and my Yellow Vaccination card , but they couldn’t locate my first dose initially by ARC and Passport. They could see some incomplete info. There were six people looking at the computer screen at one point. Slight delay but it’s finished now.
Plus more professionally organised in the Weishengshu than the hospital which was so overcrowded.

4 Likes

Just noticed it is different from the NTUH app … there it says:

主治醫師
科別:家庭醫學部
診別名稱:COVID-19疫苗公費專責門診(AZ)(限第二劑)
診別:第74診
看診地點:醫學院(體育館)-1樓
備註:

Google says:

Attending physician
Division: Department of Family Medicine
Clinic Name: COVID-19 Vaccine Specialized Outpatient Clinic (AZ) (second dose only)
Diagnosis: No. 74
Clinic Location: Medical School (Gymnasium)-1st Floor
Remarks:

That doesn’t sound like “the International Conference Center”

1 Like

Yup, that’s identical to what I see in the app. And yes, I was wondering about those directions you’d been given earlier.

Since this is my first time going to this hospital I’ll be going pretty early anyway, and since I’m #117 … lots of time to figure out where I’m supposed to go.

Just got my sched from ntuh, they made the sched for me, got the first dose 5/5

台大醫院通知您,因政府規定AZ疫苗第二劑須與第一劑間隔10-12週,已為您預約07月14日上午74診65號施打AZ疫苗第二劑

2 Likes

Seems that you are correct … and my attempts at scheduling were just a timing coincidence … (sorry, I missed your previous post)

I just received 3 text messages from NTUH:

台大醫院通知您,因政府規定AZ疫苗第二劑須與第一劑間隔10-12週,已為您預約07月01日上午74診19號施打AZ疫苗第二劑,

(承上則)建議報到時間:08:30-08:45,地點:台大醫院國際會議中心(徐州路2號),當日請攜帶身分證、健保卡和原子筆,

(承上則)如該時段無法來院,請至本院網路掛號系統取消,台大醫院關心您!

Google translated to:

The National Taiwan University Hospital has informed you that because the government stipulates that the second dose of AZ vaccine must be separated from the first dose by 10-12 weeks, it has made an appointment for you to give the second dose of AZ vaccine on the morning of July 1st.

(Continuing from above) Suggested check-in time: 08:30-08:45, location: National Taiwan University Hospital International Conference Center (No. 2 Xuzhou Road), please bring your ID card, health insurance card and ballpoint pen on the same day,

(Continuing from above) If you cannot come to the hospital at this time, please go to our hospital’s online registration system to cancel. National Taiwan University Hospital cares about you!

2 Likes

I wonder if you’ve got two appointments now, especially because the locations are possibly different, and definitely confusing. I’m also idly curious if I’ll get a similar message from MacKay over the next week.

I already double-checked … only one appointment

1 Like

I wasn’t that confident they would make good on what they told me in the morning.
At that time I called the operator and got transferred to a very frantic person who I think was actually working on the task. When I called back a short time later the operator wouldn’t transfer me again.
So, I think I got hold of the people doing the work by luck and got the right story. Guess they then told the operator to stop letting calls thru so they could get the work done!
I have a lot of sympathy for IT people trying to implement these poorly defined policies with little to no advance notice.

3 Likes

As per @Brianjones i have also had my second shot, was at the hospital I had my first. They said to bring my NHI card and my vaccine card.

Got there and it was all already set set out, checked my wife and my names on the list, filled out a quick form, NHI card in the reader and give our phone number. Everything was colour coded for AZ or Modena.

Down to the vaccine area still colour coded, told which number chair to go sit in, went and sat down the doctor and nurse came over doctor did the health check nurse filled in the paper work. Next nurses came alone give the injection and then the other went through details again about any problems etc, and give me a sticker with the time I could leave.

In total in and out around 35mins, including the 30mins waiting time.

6 Likes

Those of us who got our 1st shot on May 10th are out of luck ¯\ (ツ)

1 Like

Nantou

We were denied appointments calling Nantou hospital today. Need to wait 10 weeks and can order appointment only the day before.

https://www.nant.mohw.gov.tw/?aid=301&page_name=detail&iid=379

5 Likes

Can confirm Slawa’s post. Same here.

2 Likes

On NTUH’s site — what do you selecty for identity?

I’m not seeing 2nd dose as an option. Anyone?

See what @nadandeo wrote above:

Sorry to be petty, but why the need to bring a physical vaccine card to get a second shot.

Aren’t your vaccination records stored on the NHI system and available to all hospitals? If not, why not?

If for nothing else, so I’ve got a paper record to show airports or whatever in the future.

4 Likes

So they can write in the 2nd shot date?

1 Like

start here:

https://reg.ntuh.gov.tw/WebAdministration/default.aspx

choose #2

Enter your NHI card #
your birthdate as it appears on your NHI card (with Taiwan year)
next scroll down and choose the last choice:
“第七類因特殊狀況必要出國者-出國工作,留學或就醫等人道因素”
then check BOTH boxes
enter your phone number
then check the circle “第二劑” (second dose)
then enter the date of your 1st dose
then mark a clinic date that is within your 10-12 week period
then submit

If you are not already an NTUH patient, the process will continue with prompts to fill out additional forms

2 Likes

Oh, yeh, that makes sense - they need to stamp it :laughing:

Point stands though; are Covid vaccination records viewable on the NHI app?

1 Like

To add your 2nd dose date to the vaccination card with official stamp, so you have that record of 1st and 2nd doses on one card for your records, and so you have something to show as proof of vaccination in the future