Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

The world may be USA, UK, EU, China, Russia, India, Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Oceanina.

NTUH website seems to be opened and functioning … but last available date to schedule is 06/30 … and my 10-12 week 2nd dose period begins with 07/01 … the website will not let me register for 06/30 … maybe will work for people who got their 1st self-paid AZ on 04/21

website says you must have 70 day since 1st dose or system will cancel your appointment

2 Likes

76 thousand according to FOCUS Taiwan.

2 Likes

Can you show us the link please?

NTUH link … choice for click #2

https://reg.ntuh.gov.tw/WebAdministration/default.aspx

2 Likes

Crazy strange thing … the NTUH website did not take my attempt to input the 6/30 date for 2nd dose (only 69 days for me)… but when I opened the NTUH app to see if I could register through it, it show that I have an appointment scheduled for 07/01 !!!

1 Like

There’s that 身分 pull down menu, with the different categories, 第一 through 第七 (1st through 7th): what did you choose for that? I’m not in any of them and it won’t let me proceed without selecting them - but if I “lie” and choose the wrong one, it’s not legitimate.

Unless I’m in the wrong place?

Just called NTUH, the hospital agent confirmed that I have AZ vaccination appointment on 07/01 at the International Conference Center (the building next to NTUH Emergency Room)

5 Likes

It must be 7, considering the requirement for self-pay vaccine.

1 Like

Oh, OK: the 出國工作 etc. one. That makes sense. Thanks!

you need to scroll down and choose the very last choice

第七類因特殊狀況必要出國者-出國工作,留學或就醫等人道因素

Google translates to:

The seventh category is those who need to go abroad due to special circumstances-going abroad for work, studying abroad or seeking medical treatment and other humanitarian factors"

right below that, above the ID# line, make sure you also check BOTH boxes on the left side

(必填)本人選取之接種身分屬實,接種當日應檢附接種身分認定證明如職員證等,如未符合政府規定,此次掛號視同無效。
and
(必填) 14天內無注射其他疫苗。

Roughly Google translates to:
My vaccination status and ID# are correct
and
I have not had any other vaccines in the last 14 days

1 Like

I couldn’t do it as the last date they have available is 6/30 and according to the page I had to have the first shot 10 weeks ago. I had mine on 5/5.

I entered in all the correct information for me with my actual 04/22 1st dose date … then I chose 06/30 afternoon clinic and submitted … it seemed like nothing happened, but later when I checked my appointment status, it showed I have an appointment scheduled for 07/01, and phone call with NTUH staff confirmed that my 07/01 appointment is for 2nd dose AZ

4 Likes

Huh. That was weird. It looks like I’m registered for next Wednesday, June 30, ten weeks to the day after my first shot.

I entered the information on the first page, it gave me a big ERROR!!!, then asked me to fill in typical first-time-in-the-hospital registration stuff. And now I’m at one of those registration pages with my number (117) and all that. All my hospital visits in the past decade have been to MacKay, so this is a bit unfamiliar to me, but seems manageable enough. I am however a touch concerned that the registration information page doesn’t actually say what I’m going there for: 家庭醫學部 / Dept. of Family Medicine. I’ve checked in the English-language online registration area (link), and it recognizes that I have an appointment, without any clear indication of what it’s for.

EDIT: I downloaded the NTUH app (got it by scanning the QR code on their main page, here), and checked my appointment there: selected the magnifying glass icon; selected 身分證 and typing in my APRC, then birthday in Taiwan’s calendar; it then gave me the same information as the website; THEN I pressed on it, and it shows me COVID-19疫苗 and so on, which is immensely reassuring.

So … this NTUH hospital … it’s in Taipei, right? Or am I going down to Kaohsiung next Wednesday?

(I’m joking. I did check to confirm where it was before going through this.)

Thanks @nadandeo for going first and finding a way for others!

2 Likes

See my post from early this morning.
NTUH said they will make appts for us 1st dose recipients

Looks like they made good on it!

2 Likes

my appointment confirmation says room #74, the NTUH staff told me that the building is the International Conference Center (the building next to NTUH Emergency Room

1 Like

I had mine also on 5/5. Could be that they will open the slots in per week basis so that they can monitor the 10-12 wk time difference

OK, that’s mine too. So if we’re both accidentally going for pregnancy tests, at least we’re both making the same blunder, one day apart.

Just got the 2nd dose at the local Weishengshu.
They couldn’t get my full record from the hospital, same problem with all foreigners supposedly with data entered from that hospital .

Anyway , done. It’s not busy at all. Looking forward to tomorrow . :no_mouth:

9 Likes

Well done! What did you need to show them? And I’m guessing this isn’t in Taipei?