Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

I think the first shots we all had were made in South Korea. I have no source to back this up now but I remember reading it somewhere back at the time.

Interesting that my vaccination certificate doesn’t list a batch number. Does anyone else’s?

2 Likes

Mine has the batch number, but I know some other people on here reported theirs was also missing.

3 Likes

My first one doesn’t have anything. The second one has two numbers, one under date vaccine given (1101100011) but I have no idea if that’s a batch number. The second is in the stamp used for the “Signature of healthcare are professional”, so I assume that’s not it.

1 Like

We have not dealt at all with India. And the Thailand batch of AZ which arrived recently is still being inspected. So if you’ve received your doses already, you can be certain that neither of these countries was involved in production.

Guy

1 Like

Maybe that just denotes “Canadian” or “cute” or something?

1 Like

Wait, whut? Purchase by China but delivered to Taiwan? I smell translation issues :rofl:

The two batches I got were using extremely different numbering schemes.

There seems to be some info from the AZ manufacturer. Lot code CTMAV### for example is made in Korea according to this AZ leaflet. That’s my first shot, so the hospital people were wrong saying “from Europe”.

My second shot is allegedly from Japan, lot code is (D006A) so probably D####. I didn’t find much from the manufacturer about that, only Taiwan documents showing this is indeed a lot received in TW.

1 Like

Looks it is like this then

1st shot:
purchased through COVAX
batch nr.: CTMAV513
made in: South Korea

first batch of COVAX imported AZ new crown pneumonia vaccine (batch number CTMAV513, valid until May 2021) totaled 199,200 doses.

this batch of vaccines were also from the South Korean factory, but because COVAX arranged all the vaccines to be concentrated in Amsterdam and then shipped out
Source

2nd shot:
donated by Japan
batch nr.: D006A
made in: Japan

The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan donated 1,238,460 doses of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine (batch number D006A), which arrived in Taiwan by air on the afternoon of June 4th.
Source

3 Likes

It may have been part of that COVAX shipment which went from Korea to Taiwan via Amsterdam—hence the confusion.

It occurs to me that was also dumb as hell from a carbon usage perspective too.

Guy

3 Likes

This was great info.

Got my 2nd jab today at MacKay. Arrived about 10:30 and there was no waiting. Saw maybe 12 other people who were filling out forms or had just gotten their injections, so there was also no crowded space to deal with.

Don’t go in with a full bladder though. You’ll have to go outside and around to the main entrance to get to any restrooms.

3 Likes

So it appears that my batch ABX6083 was produced in Malaysia, for a Swedish company, then shipped to The Netherlands before being shipped here.

Please let me know if I’m interpreting the below incorrectly.

https://www.npra.gov.my/index.php/en/consumers/information/vaccine-lot-release-lot-release-certificate.raw?task=callelement&item_id=6887&element=41e2ad5e-0b41-4564-b090-0ed225e32aba&method=download

2 Likes

Your hunting skills are leagues ahead of mine!

I’m going to sit this out from now on . . .

Hope we can get more clarity!

Guy

1 Like

I just used the system to get another appointment at xintai hospital which is just down the street from my house, so I won’t have to take a long trip to get the shot.

1 Like

Can’t wait for Thursday so I can book my (currently theoretical) Friday appointment at Far Eastern.

Malaysia doesn’t produce AZ vaccines. They are importing from Thailand and other countries just like Taiwan. As far as I know in Asia it is Thailand , Japan, Korea and India that produce AZ vaccines under license, none of which have received EMA approval in the EU yet (probably because AZ or the licensees didn’t want to deal with the trouble and expense yet ).

2 Likes

If I were you, I’d politely bring this loophole to the attention of the EU Office in Taiwan. They must be aware of it—but having constituents complain might help speed things along, as it is NOT in the interests of the EU to have these regulations, especially when it wants to trade and hold exchanges with the world.

Guy

3 Likes

I’d also make sure this guy knows about it:

https://twitter.com/taiwanreporter?lang=en

Guy

2 Likes

Okay, I thought that too, but the production release certificate was confusing to me.

I guess, the mystery continues then because I couldn’t find anything else on actual country of production.

1 Like

According to that Malaysian document that you already linked ABX6083 was produced in Sweden

2 Likes

Or better yet they don’t care about EU arcane regulations. The vaccines have to be produced according to industry SoPs. AZ and respective governments where they are manufactured would ensure that. What gives EU additional authority? If they care so much, why not manufacture in Berlin? Oh right, coz it’s costs too much! And they’re the ones holding up suppressing patents on vaccines.

Hi, I’m trying to do this now, where did you book it? Was it this page?

I’m struggling to find where I can book it online.