Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

That’s the link. Its the 2nd option (currently full)

(via google translate)

1 Like

Cool thank you

My 70th day is Friday. According to a text Far Eastern sent me a few weeks ago, I can’t make my reservation for Friday the 16th until Thursday the 15th. So I guess tomorrow will be the moment of truth.

AZ疫苗第二劑接種通知
您注射第一劑已滿或即將滿8週,7/1起本院官方網站每週四上午8點,開放當週預約第二劑接種,例如:7/1開放7/2、7/8開放7/9,其他各週將依衛生局疫苗撥補狀況類推。請於本院網頁預約 縮短網址產生器 - reurl 亞東醫院關心您!

2 Likes

From what I understand so far, a lot of places aren’t opening reservations (at least for 2nd doses) until Thursdays and it goes week by week so have to wait for the Thursday before your desired date try and register…

I think that’s the same case for me now at the moment for MoHW Taichung Hospital…going to jump online tomorrow and see if I can register for next week.

4 Likes

OK, I got a pickle. I ma trying to help a friend book her second appointment because she went for the second shot at McKay and they told her she needed a plane ticket. Her shot was April 20 something, so I find that weird as she is well within the timeline. But anyways, the problem now is finding AZ. It is mostly appointments for Moderna what’s left. She’s in Taipei but will travel anywhere to get the shot. Am I looking in the wrong place?

it will be plenty next week. NTU hospital has spots next Monday.

1 Like

Is it on their website?

Yes, online registration page in Mandarin. 3rd one in the box is 2nd shot AZ clinic. English page doesn’t work properly on my mobil.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Registration for Far Eastern Hospital was supposed to start at 8:00 am today.

Keep getting messages that it’s all booked up. Not sure what’s going on.

EDIT: Seems there was a glitch in the system (acknowledged by customer service) and now it’s working! Appointment for second vax booked!!

6 Likes

I’ve been checking all week at Taoyuan General Hospital, where I got my first shot, but as of a minute ago registration is still not open. Hopefully sometime today

2 Likes

Same here…keeping my eye out at a couple of hospital websites. Hitting that refresh button every couple of minutes…better get some coffee.

2 Likes

Good luck, guys. Please report here if you succeed.

The hospital Friday 9am

Our hospital will open every Friday at 9:00 am according to the number of vaccines delivered. Next week, the registration of vaccines will be:

2 Likes

Thanks!

EDIT: 9:00 Friday, exactly what I anticipated…

Update: After 13 minutes the page to at least enter the date for next week came up. And then the page timed out. Sigh…I’m not hopeful.

Update: I’ve been at it for an hour now, still can’t get through. Ridiculous.
Update: Been trying continuously for two hours how. Fail. I think I’ll give it another hour and then go enjoy my life.

1 Like

Just did this. Apart from the wait afterwards, the whole process took 10 min.

2 Likes

I have nothing else to do while I wait to not be connected for an appointment so I browsed around and found this…

Cool. So I scanned the QR code which brought me to a site where I entered my information in order to get contacted about making an appointment, or something like that.

Thing is, after the QR code everything is in Chinese. Yes, I live in Taiwan and expect that. However, why bother making this fancy English language image and English webpage (桃園市政府-秘書處-Covid-19 Information) if the rest of the process isn’t in English?

3 Likes

Just got my 2nd vax!! It was at Far Eastern, and apart from some strange glitch* at registration, everything was quick, streamlined, and easy. Instead of waiting for an hour in a cramped corridor on an upper floor, it was in a spacious area on the second floor mezzanine up the escalator from the main lobby. Instead of filling out multiple forms, there was just one simple consent sheet. After filling it out, they let me right into the injection room where the attending doctor verified my info and asked whether I had any side effects last time. The blood pressure, height, and weight measuring had been dispensed with. And the post-vax wait was only 15 minutes instead of half an hour, after which you could just leave. And it was free.

I am now a member of the elite 0.4% of Taiwan’s population who are fully vaccinated. May this club grow quickly so it’s no longer elite.

* They insisted that I had used my passport as my ID last time, even though I used my ARC the first time around. It even had a Covid vaccination sticker on it. They also claimed to need “proof” of the date of my first vaccination, even though it was right there on the Covid vaccination sticker and on my yellow card. After a rousing discussion between the lady at the counter and her supervisor, they finally allowed me to get my vaccination. Advice: bring your passport!

8 Likes

I just wasted three hours sitting at my computer and refreshing, and was never able to get the appointment page to load for Taoyuan General Hospital. I’m done.

3 Likes

TGH …I commiserate that is the normal situation.