Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Huh? Leftovers are still a process. They still have to register the person got the shot and schedule them a follow up, don’t they? It’s not like this is administered by a mob doctor in a back alley.

This whole thread confuses me…

1 Like

Well, you responded to me by saying “I, too, assume that, but…” and then posted the picture. Which was a bit tough for me :slight_smile: But I think I get what you think it implies now!

This article doesn’t give specifics for how to sign up, but it seems like they are planning on having a second round opening on September 27th.

1 Like

The thread started for those in the springtime self-pay program and has now changed into something different. So definitely ignore anything before July or so in this thread!

Sorry, I mean everything in this thread starting with the guy who said the hospital refused to schedule him a follow up shot.

1 Like

I was assuming what you said is true and asking the next guy to tell us his experience. I was spanning a thought across two posts. I suppose that is confusing.

1 Like

I shall be sure to tell you if I get a text message etc.

There is talk of new wish registration which includes the BNT option

Is this wish registration also for those who need a second shot? My first was AZ and I have a date for the second AZ on my yellow card in about a month. Should I be registering my desire for the second shot now?

No.

Guy

1 Like

Tks

M

1 Like

As for my country’s AZ vaccine, today Japan will give 500,000 doses of AZ vaccine, Slovakia will give 160,000 AZ vaccines tomorrow, and the remaining 640,000 AZ vaccines will be vaccinated with the second dose in the future. The age vaccination will be explained and announced tomorrow. (Google translate)

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the link and the translation of the main part!

One hint for anyone who wants slightly :rofl: more accurate translations than what Google provides for reading foreign language texts: Deepl translate.

As for the AZ vaccine in our country, today Japan is giving away 500,000 doses of AZ vaccine, tomorrow there will be 160,000 AZ given away by Slovakia, and the remaining 640,000 AZ vaccine will be administered with the second dose in the future, and as for the target group of vaccination being registered or open to other ages, the explanation and announcement will be made tomorrow. (deepl)

3 Likes

AZ vaccinations to begin for those 52 years old and older, and who received the first AZ shot before 7/22. AZ vaccination deliveries to clinics and hospitals to start 9/29.

Don’t know more than that. When your turn is up: Will people get text messages to go to the same clinic/hospital? Will we have to make reservations again (after getting an SMS message)? Can we just show up at the same clinic? It’s all a mystery to me. And the article doesn’t shed any light on this.

I have much the same question. I registered on 1922 and got the first done in July, and I should be getting the second around the first of next month. I don’t know if I’m waiting for another next, if I just register online again, or what.
I’m sure you don’t just show up at the same clinic as you have to book a time slot to keep crowding down.

1 Like

My wife called where I got my first shot. They told her that we will be notified, by which she took to mean by a text message. I would be interested to hear how others will be getting (have gotten) their second shots.

I’m betting:
a) in the best case scenario, we are notified by text message to make a vaccination appointment; or
b) we need to keep our eyes out in the news for when our group is up and vaccination appointments are open, and then proceed to make the appointment (no more registration of intent is necessary).

If you log into 1922, or when I do, I can see the earliest date I can possibly get the second vaccination. If I don’t get a text, I’ll try to log in after that date and see what happens. It may not work if it’s not an AZ week or if no more shots are available. If I understand, it’s now an AZ two-week period. Maybe I should try now.

1 Like

There’s an English article. And related to our question:

Local health authorities will inform people who are eligible for the vaccine when and where they can get their jab, he added.

Would it hurt to add just a bit more information, such as “people who are eligible will be receiving a text message informing them they can set up a vaccination appointment via the 1922 website (https://1922.gov.tw/)”? Sheesh.

Cool. I’m up for this too. I’m going to milk it for two days vax leave. Got none last time.

1 Like

Okay, here we go. Finally some details. Second AZ shots will be booked online before September 30 (not not much time!). 50 - 64 year olds and at least 10 weeks since the first AZ shot. I just checked and the system is not open yet for this appointment round.

Edit: I think it’s 10 weeks interval from your first shot before September 30th and you’re eligible? Someone please check this. And then the vaccinations will start before the Double Ten holiday. Anyone feel free to correct me on any of this.

2 Likes

The news is confusing. But this is the most recent story in English I can find.

I just can’t figure out if I need to reregister my interest from the 1st time or not! It seems not, but I’m not gonna take a chance. So I will double check. The story doesn’t indicate if you can register via convenience stores like last time. But the time line is very short. VERY short. Before Wednesday 12pm? Geez! That’s short! So expect hiccups with website demand and be flexible about your vaccine time/location if you can!

1 Like