Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

200NTD for the new card. If you already have a card, 150 to add information. this is set by government. 150 is a registration fee, 400 is an examination fee, at Mackay.

3 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be $200.

Explained by @tando

This means everybody? I’m supposed to get my second shot at the end of September. I should register my willingness for that second shot now?

You can try. If you don’t need, the platform says so.

1 Like

OK I see. So to do that, I go to the 1922 website and then do I go through the link on the left or the right? https://1922.gov.tw/vas/

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

CECC is saying that the second dose of the
Medigen vaccine will be given 28 days after the first. They are not extending the dosing schedule like they did for Moderna since there have not been studies on the efficacy of extending to 10-12 weeks like there were for AZ and Moderna in other countries.

1 Like

The cynic in me says this is more about supply and promotion of the local vaccine than the availability of data

1 Like

Given it’s a locally produced vaccine, supply should be more steady and as such presumably run into less supply issues than what we currently have to deal with, especially since only Taiwan is using Medigen for now so don’t have to save some batches for export.

1 Like

Do we wait for a text? Book online? It’s not been made very clear. I know some people had their second appointment time and date made clear at the first appointment, but what about those who weren’t given a second date?

That’s weird. Second vax appointments should be listed on your proof of vaccination card they give you after your shot. Are you sure it’s not written on there?

‘Tis not. I asked the receptionist after my first dose and she kind of hand waved and didn’t answer.

That’s really weird (and unprofessional on their part). I’d just call the clinic/hospital where you got your jab and politely point out they didn’t schedule you for a second appointment even though that’s the norm. And if they continue being difficult or evasive, then be less polite. But don’t hang up until you’ve gotten your second appointment.

Check your info on the 1922 site. The notes on the bottom of your page should give some details.

Hmm good suggestion. It says this:

But no hints on how to book it.

They will text you when your turn is up like they did the first time, or at least that is what I’m assuming. You’re in the system and lined up. In fact I remember them emphasizing to make sure the cell number was right when I made the appointment for shot 1 (after receiving the text message) for that purpose.

1 Like

I, too, assume that, but…

Yours is a few weeks earlier than mine. Let us know if you get the text first or if you can register online before getting it.

Yes, I saw this too. Why, what do you think this implies?

Depends how they got the first shot. Some get unofficial shots, the ones left over from the larger, multi-dose vials.

I’m not sure what you’re asking, but I think it implies that he’ll know before I know so he can tell us.

It’s entirely possible I’ve misunderstood everything.