Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

For this international vaccination card, how long does it take to get it once you apply for it?

It’s not really an „international vaccination card“ (at least what they gave me), it’s just a piece of paper which states that I have been vaccinated and also lists the batch number. I could take it with me the same day.

3 Likes

It’s now Oct 5, I logged back in under “wish” and under remarks it now says I can get the vaccine. I tried to register for an appointment, but it said I’m not qualified and can register under “wish”, which I had done and there doesn’t seem to be anything else to do there to wish for the second dose.
So, am I just waiting for a second text telling me I’m qualified to register for the second jab, or am I missing something?
@hannes , whatever the answer is, please add it to your info thread, because I can’t be the only one confused about this.

you can register your appointment when you qualify for the second shot during or on the first day of the coming vaccination round which the registration is open for.

Each appointment registration round is for next week’s vaccination round.

Hope this make sense.

From Aug 5 to 7 noon, appointments registration is open for moderna vaccination scheduled to be administered from August 11th to August 17th.

1 Like

I understood all the words but not in that order. So, I got the first shot about 10 days ago. What I don’t understand is how I will know when I qualify for a second shot. Do I get a text like I did for the first one? Or do I wait and check 1922 later.
1922 currently says:
第05期:本期預約接種為莫德納疫苗
提供8/11(含)前第二劑莫德納施打者,以及
民國45年12月31日(含)以前出生、第九類中
於民國46年1月1日至民國55年12月31日出生者,
且7/19 12:00前已登記莫德納者。

And I just discovered it’s now in English:
Fifth round: The vaccination scheduled for this round is the Moderna vaccine.It will be provided to the people who will get a Moderna dose as their second shot before 8/11 (inclusive), people born before December 31, 1956(inclusive), and people born from January 1, 1957 to December 31, 1966 that are in the ninth priority group, and have registered Moderna before 12:00 on 7/19.

So it seems like they’re doing Moderna next. So am I waiting for a text or I wait until they schedule AZ again and book an appointment then?

If you got vaccinated through the vaccine platform, you are supposed to receive a text when you can register your appointment for your second shot. but, you don’t need to wait for the text if you know you qualify for the round.

Your appointment should be Oct. 5 or later, so they might be allowing mixed vaccine.

1 Like

I’ll probably be able to register next week or the week after. If they were mixing I should be able to now. I don’t believe in vaccine miscegenation anyway.

Are your sure about it? if you got AZ for the 1st shot, your second shot should be 10 weeks later, and isn’t it Oct. 5?
And, the next round for AZ may depend on vaccine availability. They almost run out of AZ.

1 Like

I’m not sure about anything, and (I assume you mean 10 days) 1922 does say I should get my shot from Oct 5. But when I tried to book an appointment, it said I wasn’t qualified. So I’m waiting. If they’re out, I’m waiting until they get more.

no, it is after 10 weeks.

Now is Aug. 5.

1 Like

Oh my my. I have never been able to keep the months straight. It’s some weird mental block. My wife is always correcting me and I have to count them on my fingers. I should have looked at the Chinese more closely.
I thought I had to move fast on this. I thought we were supposed to get the second around 2 weeks later. Nevermind! Thanks for letting me know I’m an idiot.

That’s definitely not what they gave me! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Quarantine Exemptions for the Vaccinated

Does anyone know what the process is if you change phone number between 1st and 2nd doses? I might need to do this but I’m worried it will cause a problem when I’m expecting a message about registering for the 2nd dose.

This is what I got yesterday at Mackay. FWIW, both my vaccinations had been carried out at Far Eastern.)

BTW, which are the batch numbers that currently cause problems with travel in the EU?

3 Likes

How much?

NT$750 at Mackay. Steeper than I had anticipated.

3 Likes

Is that the standard price or is it the foreigner price? Kind of silly to ask I guess, but MacKay was one of the hospitals charging foreigners extra for PCR tests.

I have already received the first dose, do I need to register?

If you are willing to inoculate the second dose but have not yet registered, you must seize the opportunity to complete the registration as soon as possible.

you need to register your 2nd shot willingness.
you can now edit your willingness registration including phone number too. It won’t cause a problem.

No idea.

Adventist is charging 4500 for PCR tests, which is below the 5000/7000 I usually hear about. Unfortunately, the only hospitals I know that issue the ICVP are Mackay, Neihu Tri-Service, NTU Hospital, and Wanfang Community, so I went to the one closest to me.

1 Like