Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Hey! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It is part of the protocol in Taiwan. That is why in Taida and other hospitals they have frames for your social network photo sharing.

1 Like

Not really advisable especially if you took BNT. Better rest a week or so. Do not strain yourself.

2 Likes

Marasan received AZ shots, not BNT.

Guy

2 Likes

Hydration and rest is advised.

2 Likes

Too late. Hiking, cycling, and probably a run tomorrow. And I checked a couple of sources and it seems okay. And with AZ, even the old volunteer where I got the shot announced to everyone that the second one is a breeze.

1 Like

mild symptoms for me. like a mild cold. aches and pains… it’ll pass.

1 Like

True. This old bird also thinks so.

Thought you got the others.

1 Like

Getting second, High End, shot this evening. I had no reaction at all from the first shot.

4 Likes

Nearly 2 days after getting the second shot of Medigen. No problems at all. Have not noticed anything at all.

2 Likes

Source

3 Likes

I was able to sign up for my 2nd AZ shot earlier. I’m not a huge fan of the website. All of the vaccine locations are in Chinese, so I had to Google where they were. Meanwhile after every one Googled I could see some of the places getting full. Quite stressful as when I found one that was close to my house, it didn’t have a convenient time. Then when I went back to my 2nd choice it was full, so I had to frantically try to find another one. After I booked my appointment I realized I should have made it earlier as I can leave work early that day. Too scared to change it though as slots seemed to be filling up fast.

My first shot I didn’t have to use the website this as I got mine through my school.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience. Looking for a place close to home, I was only able to book a slot on the last day possible, all those smaller clinics nearby were fully booked before 10:30…

4 Likes

Plans for round 12 are being finalized. Here’s the situation with AZ:

說明AZ疫苗規劃,預期將提供7/30前打過第一劑的18歲以上民眾接種第二劑。

Those 18 and older who received their first shot before 7/30 can get their second AZ vaccination.

More details will be revealed in the coming days. It looks like appointments and vaccinations will both take place this month. Moderna and BNT will also be a part of this round. And it’s looking like this will be the most intense round of vaccinations.

1 Like

Once again, it looks like it’ll be BNT for first shots, and Moderna and AZ for second shots in this upcoming round.

Guy

1 Like

Similar experience. When I booked my first vaccination, it was well into the end of the first day that bookings were opened. Today I thought I would make my booking after classes at 12:00 noon. As it happens, at the 11:00 break, I thought I would try my luck. It’s a good thing I did. Last time I could make an appointment at the hospital which is a 5 minutes walk away and could choose any day and any time. This time, I had to choose a hospital on the other side of the city. Also, most of the convenient time slots were taken up.

I’m not very pleased with the way this round of vaccination is rushed. Only one day? No wonder people are cramming the system starting at 10:00 a.m.

3 Likes

One difference for me also was that the first shot was in the gym of a primary school. Seems now they only do it in hospitals and clinics, at least in my district. Those clinics are small, probably just a few dozen people getting shots each day.

3 Likes

“So complicated!”

I’m glad it’s not just me thinking this. The two graphs in this article do make things better.

很複雜!第12輪疫苗開放全年齡 分流預約、施打時程2張圖一次看懂

Yes, my partner is in this next round, and had to read it all several times to figure out and reserve time to be able to make the booking. The flood of Vaccine that has suddenly appeared is good, but it ups the load on the people who have to deliver it into peoples arms as well.

These limited booking windows are frustrating too, contributes to the system being overloaded, and god knows what happens if you miss your chance to book - is it off to the end of the line I wonder.

Whilst I am thankful that I am past the bookings now that I have received the 2nd shot, its in all our interests for it to get done as soon as possible and smoothly at that - as then we stand a chance of getting back to normal.

5 Likes

Why do you have a cake next to your name? Is it your birthday? Happy Birthday if so. Getting fully vaxxed and not having to worry as much is a decent bday present imo. Hope your partner gets their chance soon as well.

2 Likes