Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Today is D day for shorting Tesla. I give everyone green light

Not at all.

This will be one to watch. If they go ahead and do the NDAA, lookout.

Passing the Cobalt Act is critical for U.S. national defense, given cobalt’s criticality in key technologies and China’s control over cobalt supply chains. As Mr. Donalds said, “Our dependence on foreign countries, such as the CCP, for our domestic cobalt supply is a matter of national security.” The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2023 is due to be introduced on the Senate floor this fall, and it is the ideal legislative vehicle for the Cobalt Act, which can be added as an NDAA amendment. If Congress seriously wants to reduce our dependence on foreign regimes like China for critical minerals, it must pass the Cobalt Act.

The same firm has done quite well on inverse ARKK fund, ha ha.

In a prospectus filed yesterday, it says the inverse fund “is an actively managed exchange traded fund that seeks to achieve its investment objective by engaging in transactions designed to perform the opposite of the return of the investments recommended by television personality Jim Cramer”.

I bought Ford today.

Does she drive nice?

Long time holder of F here. Constantly disappoints. :smiley:

Looking at INTC, waiting on results today.

I think, via newsletter, that I’ll be holding for the dividend in November and the probable price run up.

I would invest lightly for a while. I expect most stocks to return to their pre covid boost baseline. So for Ford 10 bucks or less per stock. Simple forecast but I would say reasonable.

Just look at any stock and see where it was around Mar 2020 . So for instance Amazon maybe 95 bucks or less. Or just short em I guess temporarily.

These guys are saying interest rates will be elevated until 2024. That means bonds will be more attractive and stocks less so.

This was my prediction back in April.

S&P500 today. I reckon we got 25% more to go down and that is not even an undershoot situation.
It’s all about the concept of the reversion to mean over the long-term.

1 Like

Unless stock has big bond portfolio. This is why I hold fairfax financial. You get bond portfolio at 0.70 % book value

So what happens if Jim Cramer recommends the Inverse Cramer ETF? Will the universe just collapse in on itself?

5 Likes

Cramer out Cramer’s himself.

Maybe it’s time for a Reverse Kramer ETF… :thinking:

1 Like

Meta down 21 percent today… :open_mouth:

It’s a Meltadown…

1 Like

The whole virtual reality metaverse stuff is a whole lot of garbarge l don’t want.

I do own one META share though, -50% since l bought it… :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Better than 70% though, amirite? :grin:

I’m thinking about staking a position when it gets down to 40.

1 Like

hmmmmm… looked at this earlier. revenue and users steady. they’ve been doing crazy investments. worth keeping a close eye on it for a potential buy.