Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Well there you go then.

Uhm ChatGPT check your work.

I’ve heard it before. I mean if a loan is at a super low rate, they are going to make less on it. Of course there will also be fewer people getting home loans etc

Bought some COIN calls for earnings this week. We’ll see how that goes (everyone might want to buy some puts given my track record recently). :smiley:

1 Like

Doh!

It gave the banks the highest positive rating in a high interest rate environment. Disastrous.

1 Like

Was it you bought some google on the downturn…I bought some google and msft they have seen a slight uplift so far. Basically an AI play.
I have still been buying small amounts of BTC/ETH for long term.

I’m holding Uber for when they go profitable hoping for significant bounce.then…Even though I admit I don’t like Uber mgmt.

Still holding airbnb and can’t figure out why its stock isnt doing better yet as they turned profitable and seem to be doing quite well.

Probably mostly a valuation issue at this point. They have a unique position in the market, so if you believe their income will grow over time, you can’t go too wrong in the long term.

I found I often pick winners quite early and then abandon them during the long lull only to see the stock take off later on. Maybe you are right.
MSFT and TSLA being the worst examples for me. I looked at buying both of them when they were 15x to 30x lower valuation than they are now.
Also natural gas and lithium stocks. All too early.

1 Like

Coin is facing headwinds due to SEC investigation related to their staking rewards.

As.the leading corporate
player for crypto in the US if COIN doesnt succeed it means the US govt killed the market. I reckon long term its a very good hold. However ETH/BTC is just as good and are global.

Yeah, I bought 500 shares @ $95, and sold a corresponding 5 lots of Sept 115 calls at $6.

Personally, I’m souring on air bnb as a user, which is never a good sign for me as an investor. Couple that with the continued potential for regulatory issues, and it being priced relatively high from the beginning (ie good performance was priced in from the beginning)…

I’ve been slowly trimming some positions in anticipation of a downturn.

I sold 10% of my Google stock (and should probably sell more) for two reasons:

1. people will start using AI more to answer their questions, rather than doing a google search. Even if Google makes a decent AI, it will be harder to monetize than search
  2. When the economy slows, advertising is one of the hardest hit sectors. I know - I’m in the advertising biz.

A major reason for my buying so much Google (years ago) was for Waymo and their moonshot projects, and that hasn’t turned out too well. They’re still basically just an advertising company. Plus their Cloud services, but I believe I read the growth slowed recently, and they’ll never be as good as AWS.

Also sold off some Amazon, with a slowing economy in mind. I was up big a couple years ago but they’ve lost a lot of value since rates went up.

I have a ton of money set aside now in TFLO and FLRN, earning 5% safe interest while I wait.

I thought COIN would follow bitcoin, no? Liquidity should take them both up.

It was. But it hasn’t been.

Because COIN was served with a notice by the SEC about providing staking rewards. This is acting more like a security (giving out dividends) and less like a commodity.
And stablecoins in particular are being looked at.
Basically regulatory headwinds. But congress is divided over that and COIN have more support than most.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2023-05-02/crypto-is-still-a-mess-a-crackdown-would-do-it-good?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

The SEC itself will never say if BTC is a commodity or security, contradictory statements. yes a clear regulatory line might be the best in the end.

Uber jumped. Told you guys to watch that space.

watch this video

1 Like

I heard Biden was planning some anti crypto bill? Yes no? :idunno:

My guy says buy PFE. 4.2% dividend is a once a great while deal. Oversold because their covid drugs sales are waning.

He says

After the stock market crash of 1987, PFE shares yielded 4.3%. That was, needless to say, a great time to buy the stock.

March '09 was another bargain moment in PFE. Investors who dumpster dived for Pfizer locked in an incredible double-digit yield. They also quadrupled their investment over the next 11 years.

Well, here we go again. PFE yields 4.2%. Anytime it pays above 4%, it is a screaming deal.

Bullish euphoria from the company’s widely distributed vaccine has worn off. Shares trade for just seven-times trailing earnings. Healthcare stocks have rallied lately as investors search for safety. PFE, thus far, has been left behind.

1 Like