Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

That was from 24 Sep

And below is the most recent news about the product - now on sale at Walmart

Trade war and app delisting rumors notwithstanding, Tencent closed today at HKD 600 :v:

CINCINNATI, Oct. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ – Workhorse Group Inc. (Nasdaq: WKHS) (“Workhorse” or “the Company”) , an American technology company focused on providing sustainable and cost-effective drone-integrated electric vehicles to the last mile delivery sector, announced that it has submitted its formal “Type Certification” application to the Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”) for its HorseFlyTM Unmanned Aerial System (“UAS”). A type certificate signifies the airworthiness of a particular category of aircraft according to its manufacturing design. From application to approval, the certification process takes approximately 12 to 24 months.

Stocks that would be hurt the most by lockdowns or a slowdown in the economy reopening led the declines on Wednesday. Shares of United Airlines fell 4.6%. Royal Caribbean shares lost 7.4%, while Norwegian Cruise Line and Carnival dropped 9.1% and 10.6%, respectively.

The Cboe Volatility Index (VIX), known on Wall Street as the market’s “fear gauge,” jumped above 40 and hit its highest level since June 15.

And what does it mean that stock futures rose 100 points? The index has pulled-back so anticipation of a return (embodied in the futures) increases?

Futures are a bet about some instance in the future, not an indication of what the market will actually do.

https://finance.zacks.com/futures-predict-stock-prices-6702.html#:~:text=Stock%20futures%20aren’t%20a,investors%20see%20the%20market%20heading.

Has anyone had success betting on S&P 500 futures in Robinhood?

Betting on futures, sounds like betting on betting :grin:.

1 Like

Not on Robinhood (platform probably doesn’t matter), but a couple years back I took an hour each day for a week to see if I could get comfortable with futures and options trading. I came to the conclusion that I would never become comfortable or it would take far more time than I was willing to spend to get there.

Be careful, I’d do a lot of dummy trades before using real money and would never recommend it to someone who has a gambling problem.

1 Like

Historically markets go up more often than they go down, so you should have a higher than 50% chance of making money. But that is on average and in the long term.

1 Like

Anything I should pick up on monday?

I invested in Etsy this morning and it did pretty good today.

Jack Ma: The Chinese government is stifling innovation!
The CCP: Nice mega IPO you have there. Would be a shame if something happened to it.

1 Like

Damn…stocks are up…big

UNH and ABBV for me…huuuge.

HNTR up big today on news of a joint venture in China to develop an innovative new line of pipe-based delivery systems for recreational pharmaceuticals.

1 Like

Yesterday was one of those “why work for money” days.
Nice rally today in HK stocks, was kind of waiting for it. With Trump (potentially) gone a lot of the anxiety around further US sanctions on Chinese banks and internet firms is gone too. For now.

With (potential) Biden win, China covered their shorts today at open.
In a double-win (for investors), ® should keep Senate majority, and so there’ll be no big tax hikes to fund the Green Deal. All safe for 2 more years from IRS taking more of your income. Thus, more to play the market.

1 Like

Chinese EV makers up big. Can anyone prevent me from selling too early, please?

I had NIO and XPEV for quite a while, sold with good profit, but wow, should keep 'em for like ever and add some more.

:woozy_face: