Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

IDK if I should dump Nokia or not…they’ve been a huge loser for me.

So has ATT.

Someone recommended UPWK to me back in February. I passed. And missed yesterday :sweat_smile: +43%

Bought the dip in US tech stocks, happy with the gains

Buy Starlink when they IPO.

1 Like

Yeah, I went S&P500 and tech heavy in my 401k in June.

My gains in crypto still oustrip everything by a long way cos industrial and regular stocks are pretty crappy valuations still in the US and elsewhere.
I still think Disney is a very good target long term they are an entertainment machine that will be around 100 years later.

Sounds like complete bullshit how do get a listed company going in the US these days ?

ACB going through the roof right now. :smoker:

Dang, I was too impatient with Palantir, up big now.

I’m very happy with pltr at the moment :slight_smile:

Yup. I’m up 44% now and may cash out. Not a lot in, but enough to make me smile.

Doing better in SNV and the buy to 30 call was given again by my guy.

BTW, on PLTR:

(Bloomberg) – Palantir Technologies Inc. surged on Friday on speculation that Democrat Joe Biden – nearing victory in the U.S. presidential race – would rein in military spending and spur demand for the company’s lower-priced surveillance technology.

The stock rose as much as 26%, the most since its direct listing in September as many investors expect defense spending would be cut under a Biden administration.

Palantir, which was co-founded by Peter Thiel, counts the U.S. Defense Department among its largest customers and could benefit from budget cuts because its software often costs less than similar offerings from traditional defense contractors.

Its shares could also be benefiting from short sellers exiting their positions as the stock rises, according to Melius Research analyst Carter Copeland, who called the stock’s volatility “stunning.”

“Given that the rest of the defense and industrial security complex hasn’t reacted in the same way, one would conclude there’s an element of short covering here,” he said in an interview.

About 6% of Palantir shares that are available to trade are being sold short, according to the latest data from financial analytics firm S3 Partners. That’s down from about 9% on Oct. 28.

Palantir has now gained about 32% since the U.S. election was held on Nov. 3, adding more than $5 billion in market value. The company is scheduled to report financial results for the first time as a publicly traded company on Nov. 12.

Amazing they don’t report results and up 32%.

1 Like

Reading Theil’s book now. It. Is. Awesome.

Bought @ 10.65 on Wednesday. PLTR is said to have very good connections to the Democratic party.

Link?

I want read it but I don’t want to give him money to read it lol.

I’d give you my copy but it’s all marked up with notes, shopping lists and road trip itineraries. lol

MIght I ask why you have an aversion to making the rich guy a dollar and a half richer?

I heard he’s an asshole and wants to turn us into techno serfs or something.:sunglasses:
Basically he wants to create a new world order and I don’t see how we will benefit from that.
Plus he killed gawker with his money but he was real secretive and tricky , that story was crazy, and I felt really bad for some of their staff (there’s a documentary on it… Perhaps I saw it on Netflix ?) .
But if I can read his book I can make a better judgement .
Lastly I’m jealous of all his money I need some moolah like that.:grin::joy:

Read it and maybe you will get there!

1 Like

But I don’t want to give him money :joy:

When I break big and meet him at a swanky cocktail party on a Moon yacht orbiting Mars, I’ll relate this story to him.

1 Like

Remember to say hello to Quato when you are there ask how the little fella is doing these days ?