Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Of course it isn’t. It’s for the memes and LOLZ!

Exactly. They pass the parcel from the get go.

2 Likes

NAKD is making a big move up today. Apparently redditters think it’s 100% shorted. Whohoo

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :full_moon:

So what does everyone have their eye on today?
Here is my thoughts this week. I’m seeing lots of penny stocks that were dirt cheap two weeks ago at 200 to 300% gains in a few days. It’s all gambling but people seem to be winning.

But somehow I think the hedge funds have come up with a new trick. They realize retail will flood in with money as they don’t want to miss out. So they prop up crap tier stocks, retail is flowing in… the rug will get pulled like GME… rinse and repeat

I’ve been saying for days now. Set your T-stops.

I sold WKHS today for a noice profit. 8% from the high of two days ago I think. I’m thinking out before I even get in in these SPACs and other redditt driven stocks.

Long term, gold, GDX and natural gas and pipelines, VLO, DTE, OKE (which sold after hitting a Tstop) and banks, CMA and SNV which is up 140% for me.

It seems that before they get pumped on reddit they are already high that’s why I feel there’s a trap coming. Are you playing with smaller money in the speculative stuff? I got burned on BB so more cautious now . It was only small money though

Can I ask where you are getting a list of potential purchases? Or just using Reddit

1 Like

Are you using options? If you get a big move, it’s not difficult to cover your butt.

For example, I purchased some OTM SNDL February 19 calls a few days ago when the Reddit mob’s interest in MJ stocks was apparent. Those are up over 300%. Sold some into the spike, with gains covering the cost of the entire position, so the rest is just house money at this point.

1 Like

Sure. I read up on the SPACs and follow the IPOs. I get a newsletter or three.

God no. :runaway:

1 Like

No way. I don’t know how, and I fear losing my ass.

The SPAC stuff is play money…maybe <5% of my investments. Anything I read from my newsletter guy, Brett Owens, gets 5-10K these days.

I let a few things go last year, with gains, and then they ran up bigly. I used to get upset. TSLA, NVDA, LRCX for example…all went sky high after I sold. Nowadays, I play for a day’s pay…a week’s…two weeks’ pay. It puts things into perspective, especially if you’re putting in say 500 bucks into NAKD when you’re down 30%, after selling off the stuff you picked up when it was at .91 cents. I made 1k bucks in a day on a trade like that. In my IRA. wutwut

Now, my newsletter stuff…that’s more serious and not day tradey stuff. That I use to make bank. My SNV, SNX/CNXC split, CMA, and big dividend stocks are getting me to retirement.

2 Likes

I initiate most of my trades with options.

When I want to buy something (actually to hold and invest in (99.99995% of my trades), rather than take a flyer), I usually sell an option at about the current price. If it gets exercised, fine, it brings down my cost; if not, I get some free money. Sometimes I sell at a little higher or lower than current pricing, depending on premiums and if I have a preference for collecting the premium vs getting the stock at a lower price.

Same thing with selling, unless I want out NOW, I sell a call.

This strategy really adds no risk - the only issue is FOMO.

Well if you’re playing the follow Reddit game, you’re basically betting on big (25-100% or more) moves in very short periods of time. The move is either going to materialize or not. If it doesn’t, your thesis for being long disappears and you’ll have no interest in holding the issue.

So if you can buy cheap OTM calls that expire within 1-4 weeks, you have a leveraged bet on a Reddit spike. Worst case scenario is that the move doesn’t happen and you’re in a position where the calls will expire worthless, but in many cases you can just cut your losses before then.

Options are really the only way to turn 3 figures into 4 figures, 4 figures into 5 figures, or 5 figures into 6 figures, in a few days. Obviously, it goes without saying that this game only makes sense when played with money you’re prepared to lose.

I’m not following them as much as I am aware of them. They’ve invade the yahoo finance site. But I have been enjoying the seesaw they have created in shorted stocks.

This is NAKD:
1.5200+0.3800 (+33.33%)

At close: February 10 4:00PM EST

1.88 +0.36 (23.68%)
Pre-Market: 6:42AM EST

If I can squeeze a day’s pay or two out of what I have left in this, I’ll get out.

Thing is if you were playing with options, you could squeeze a week or a month’s pay out of this. In a matter of days.

Of course, options have greater risk (they could expire worthless and you could lose the entire amount you paid for them), but here’s the thing: would you really care to own shares of NAKD if you didn’t think that the Reddit mob was going to drive it up? If no, the thesis that justifies buying shares is basically the same as the thesis that justifies buying calls.

Actually yes. It’s why I bought both NAKD and BB. Longer term I think they’ll do ok.

I went out, came back and yowza!

Hyliion Surges On New Battery Technology With 8-Minute Recharging Capabilities

5:17 pm ET February 11, 2021 (Benzinga) Print

A former SPAC surged Thursday after unveiling its new battery technology.

What Happened: Next-generation battery technology was unveiled by Hyliion Holdings Corp (NYSE: HYLN).

The company’s new design features advanced colling technology, longer battery life, higher charging rates and improved safety. The module features battery cells from Toshiba .

The new battery can be recharged in under eight minutes, which is “an unprecedented charge time compared to other EV battery solutions” according to the company.

The battery lasts up to five times longer than a conventional electric vehicle battery.

Hyliion will install the batteries as part of its next evolution of the Hyliion Hybrid system. The Hybrid system is one of two systems from Hyllion offering systems for Class 8 vehicles.

What’s Next: The company is also working on the Hypertuck ERX Class 8 vehicle.

Hyliion is scheduled to report fourth-quarter earnings on February 23.

Shares of Hyliion closed up 32% to $20.84.

Disclosure: The author is long HYLN.

Decided to take a flyer with NAKD with some small dollars, and wow, what a shitshow. But I managed to claw $1500 out of it anyway. ;D

At least you didn’t buy $weed today lol

$1500 bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

I ended up down but still in the green. HYLN surprised me though. But still down like 20%. Shoulda sold it all when it IPOed.

HYLN was my worst performing stock until yesterday, now GOLD is at the bottom. Well, that will change once the market eventually decides to crash.

The problem with HYLN remains though, truck companies might find it more appealing to switch to new EV vehicles rather than refitting their fleets.