Go ahead be maliciously mean to one anther

what an interesting thread. i think the old farts here do scare off people. We’re such an antisocial bunch.

Poagao: re: the slang U, thanx, etc., I think you may be getting old, but that is a common way for kids and not-so-young kids to write emails these days all around the world. At least she didn’t STarT CAPitaliZING in Her WordZ. But that don’t make her a Taiwanese person necessarily. (makes you wonder what Poagao is doing checking out chat forums. jk)

and Feiren is just an instigator. Not the first time from what I’ve noticed, and I’ve met him in person too. very bitter even when drinking.

why can’t we all get along! :s

Wow, I’d forgotten all about this. Even a year later, it’s still funny as hell. No, her “slangs” alone weren’t enough to make her a Taiwanese person, it was all the other mistakes and assumptions. I know, for a 35-year-old to to complain about a teenager’s slang does smack of “old fart” syndrome, I admit. I have to stop visiting all of those chat forums.

Oh, OK.

Just needed to fart out some old angst. Hope it was entertaining.

I wouldn’t say that I’m an old fart. It’s just that I’m “xing4 ya1yi4 yi3jing1 hen3 jiu3 le”. And I want Miss CC, but I don’t want her to know that I want her… Her handle turns my handle on. And I want her to love my love handles. So I got… bitchy.

Yeah… Yeah…

It’s pretty weird to be an American and want to learn Chinese… Yeah… That’s weird… Wonder why I like it? I don’t know… No why…

I guess it must seem, from the outside, like one of those after-school Karate class 11-year-olds who wanted to be the Karate Kid, and then got into the language and eating sushi and ordering ninja uniforms from the back of comic books and bringing throwing stars to school. Oh, yeah, and of course by the time you hit puberty then it becomes obvious that you have the “yellow fever” fetish… sorry, that’s the yellow fever “fetish”. Then college comes and you’re studying Japanese and Chinese in college and watching Hong Kong movies on the weekend and thinking about joining the Anime club with a bunch of fat bald grad students who used to live in Japan… and then before you know it… you are a full-fledged adult, but inside you’re still that 11-year-old dork who wants to be the Karate Kid or something. Grow up!

No… No…

But is it really that superficial? Is it? IS IT?! Oh, I need to chill out, that’s right.

OK, I’ve written too much. I need to go get a life now.

Bye.