Gogoro 2 or Gogoro 3? Which one would you choose and why?

I can see how the monthly payment plan would not be good for someone with a car. Not having a car, it’s not really an issue with me. Gogoro also makes it very convenient to alter your payment plan at anytime. For example, if you aren’t sure how often you will use the scooter in a given month, you can choose the lowest plan and add money if you run out at some point during the month.

2 Likes

What is the price for the different plans?

https://www.ridegoshare.com

1 Like

I worked it out on the lower plan and petrol was still cheeper, also petrol still has the edge when pottering around in the countryside battery stations can become quite scarce in the mountains.

Our personal situation, if we visit the family farm the nearest battery station was 25 mins away so you would have a 50min drive on mounting roads (the hills use more juice). we would have to buy the charging station but you still need to pay for the monthly plan.

The whole package is just not quite there yet but hopefully some competition in the market will change that.

1 Like

thanks slawa man

I generally agree, but it’s a solid start, and, like you said, hopefully competition can make it a more realistic option for most people.

1 Like

And hopefully by then it won’t look like a rubber chicken.
9a61e3f2d1c0aa9ac17ab5b43c2b17119761d227_2_1328x1000

Gogoro is getting popular.

Edit: there’s a new slightly better plan, see below. Thanks @slawa

A few weeks ago this old post still seemed accurate:

2 Likes

Really hope they roll out ride share I’ll definitely join if in Taipei !

They give you a few km more to begin with by now. So the charts shifted a bit.

299$: 105km + 2,5$/km
499$: 315km + 2,5$/km
799$: 630km + 1,5$/km

1 Like

Good point, thanks a lot! I just checked my plan in the app and it’s still the old one. It seems one can change to the slightly better new ones any time, though.

Here’s the updated graph:

1 Like

I come back to Taipei once a year and this time it really feels like the gogoros have taken over, especially in the “cool” neighborhoods like north of City Hall, Dongmen, Zhongshan, and around Dunhua. Yesterday six gogoros in a row went whizzing by me. I love to hear them coming because I know I will NOT be about to inhale a toxic stew of half-combusted petrol.

2 Likes

They’re everywhere, not just in the cool neighborhoods.

You can always tell who were the cool kids though. All the newer license plates start with E whereas the first set of G2’s all start with M.

1 Like

I really like the scooter that came out of a partnership of Gogoro and Yamaha. See it more and more on the streets.

1 Like

That does look good. Most scooters look kinda dorky but this one looks pretty cool.

I guess you still need to get an account to swap batteries.

I’m currently intersted in buying a Gogoro, so I went to the biggest shop in Taichung to check out the various models. Conclusion; the 3 is a downgrade in every way:

• Downgraded monchrome screen, vs full color on the 2

• Missing rear lights

• Plastic unpainted body. Lighter but looks cheaper.

• NO SPORTS MODE

• Fixed shock absorbers (adjustable on the 2)

• Reverse feature removed from the 3+ (3 Delight has it)

• Less powerful engine, but still identical range to the 2

• Less customization options in the app

• New 2020 version of the 2+ has a built in storage area/cup holder under the handebars with a USB socket, which removes the 3’s “built-in cup holder” advantage.

On the plus side, 3 is lighter, slightly more trunk space, and a longer seat (better for 2 riders).

The Gogoro sales guy said everyone is still buying the 2. In my view, the only point in buying the 3 is if money is an issue and you buy the base model, as it’s 20% cheaper than the base 2. There’s literally no point even considering the 3+ or 3 Delight while the 2 is still on sale.

5 Likes

All Gogoro 3 and Gogoro 2 models have the same range (170km).

Gogoro were sneaky - they did announce extended range when 3 launched, but it’s actually due to new higher capacity batteries in the charging stations, which all models can take advantage of (even Gogoro 1 got a range upgrade)

Nope, same issue on the 3.

You can partially fix it by buying the official (expensive) aluminum floor guard accessory.

1 Like