Gogoro electric scooter

Been a minute. Anyone have opinions?
Gonna post a EC-05 vs S2 ABS thread.

Here’s some better pics.
The part where your knees go is actually pretty nice. Basically an S2 with a bigger body. Longer seat too

1 Like

Which one is the Gogoro , I’m all confused.
They look almost exactly the same !

Since they are on the Gogoro network, Aeon and Yamaha electric scooters can’t do much with the seat compartment. So the “body” looks relatively the same.

There is a new gogoro plan with a base NT$299 fee per month, plus an additional NT$2.3/Ah, with the first 87Ah (NT$200) free.

If you currently on the NT$499 plan, this new plan might save you money. If you are on the NT$799 plan and you are a heavy user that uses up close to all the mileage covered in your plan, then this plan would end up being more expensive.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks. Where can I find more? My gogoro app doesn’t seem to show it, in the gogoro website shop (where you configure a scooter, and choose the plan) I didn’t see it either?

Search for 299. So far all the news articles are in Chinese.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks! So it’s not started, yet.

Finally there is an monetary incentive to ride efficiently, great :heart_eyes: so far the only advantage I see from driving efficiently (slower, using lots of recuperation, …) is that you need to change batteries less frequently.

Also in that article it seems to say that there is a discount on certain battery swap stations, seemingly based on station popularity or battery availability. Also good, you can save by chosing stations wisely. And the network can use this incentive to balance users a bit according to the network needs.

1 Like

https://electrek.co/2019/09/23/check-out-gogoros-giant-new-battery-swap-stations-for-its-electric-scooters/

The Flex Plan will cost TWD $299 (US $9.60) per month for the subscription and another TWD $2.30 (US $0.07) per Ah used.

That means cost per distance will vary based on riding style and speed, but a rough ballpark would put it at around 20 km (12 mi) for one US dollar at city speeds. That’s not bad.

That’s pretty bad: 1 USD = ~30NT = 1l of gas
So this is 5l/100km (some small cars can do that and scooter should do much better)

Is the Electrek’s article estimate incorrect?

1 Like

That’s perfect for me I wouldnt ride it much, just sometimes for fun really. 300 a mth base…Not a problem !

You can drive to 7-11 a few times. :wink:

Hey and he can even skip one meal a month and it pays for itself. Cool :+1:

1 Like

For those who read Chinese, this blog post is pretty comprehensive.

I’m on the 499NT plan and have been going over the limit this past summer. It was rough. Bill was coming out to 700NT+.

Will look into this.

Thanks for the find!

2 Likes

Ride your race bike!

700NT damn brother, I’m willing to donate 10NT let’s get this telethon started!

2 Likes

I’m not in any way a fan of Gogoro’s proprietary system, the control they exercise over it, nor the subscription-pricing model, but I do believe that monthly fee includes your battery rental, meaning you’ll never have to buy batteries for it.

2 Likes

You probably don’t own an Apple iPhone?

You are correct.

2 Likes

Gogoro is launching a mini scooter:

2 Likes

so they are trying to make a useful commuting to 7 11 style scooter? great. they could keep making different gogoros for different purposes.

• the up the road 7 11 trip.
  • the whole family carrier (extra long and complete with baby helmets)
  • the food delivery bike
  • the dog mover.

we can get all of taiwans needs covered.

2 Likes