Gogoro electric scooter

Does anyone know if it’s possible to rent a Gogoro long-term (or a short term lease)? I am wanting to rent one in Yilan from March to July this year. I’ll have a local scooter license and ARC.

@okonomiyaki you can give them a message

Seems like good reviews from most people. You should really consider a car with the amount it rains in Yilan.

Thanks @ranlee. If I was to just buy one, would it be better to go for a Gogoro 2 or Gogoro 3 with about 15km commute to the Yilan bus station (each way)? I’d be doing the commute 3-4 times a week.

I actually haven’t done a lot of research or read about the 3, maybe @olm can chime in on it?

Distance won’t matter on which scooter you buy, it’ll depend on which plan you get, which if I’m not mistaken, is the same across the different models.

15km x 4 = 60km per week
60km x 4 weeks (1 month) = 240km per month
Throw in some errands here and there and your best bet is the 315km for 499NT per month. Going over is 2.5km per km, which isn’t all that bad, but if you’re doing long trips to the store or somewhere, it can add up.

Why not just…buy a bike and commute to the station? However, I know @IbisWtf likes to commute in Yilan, but rarely gets the chance.

For the rainy/lazy period I got a Kymco Cozy. Capped at 25km/h, but apart from the slow speed it’s a very comfortable thingy to ride around. I only miss being able to go faster than that while on the empty countryside roads. When I go to Yilan city for a shopping trip, going fast simply means reaching the following red traffic light quicker, so I’m not very worried about it.
Battery is good for roughly 45kms for me, 84kg.

Without groceries?

Gogoro sales double.

3 Likes

If they double again in 2020 they’ll be at 35%-40% market share. That’s insane to think about. I don’t think it’s possible to double again in just 1 more year, but at the beginning of this year I also would have been skeptical they’d double in 2019 so who knows. Electric vehicles of all kinds are taking off faster than anyone really expected and I think within a year or two people will be starting to analyze which of the legacy vehicle companies might go out of business altogether in the next 10 years.

Is Gogoro still supply constrained?

1 Like

probably due to the GoShare… in part at least.

Are they double-counting?

Gogoro 145,000 16% of the Taiwanese market, 86.4 of electric scooter market.

That means electric scooters are now 19.0% of the total scooter market.

The Gogoro-Yahama-Aeon-PGO network sold 152,347 scooters.

The entire scooter market in Taiwan is 906,250 units.

I hope you’re right, but there are 15 million scooters in Taiwan. We still have a long way to go, and only 20% of sales last year were electric.

We need the electrification to accelerate to throw gas scooters in the dustbin of history.

1 Like

I’m sure GoShare is a separate legal entity, hence their scooters would be counted as sales. If I were Horace I’d fire the guy who didn’t count those turquoise scooters as sales.

2 Likes

I they’re renting them out, that’d count as service.

I don’t think so. Unless it’s a new model.

Do keep up

2 Likes

Overseas expansion is key.

Is the manufacturing and R&D done in Taiwan?

Answered my own question. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1124904001