Gogoro electric scooter

I still refuse to this date to have those things on my G2. However, I do spend a little bit more time looking for a roomy parking spot so I’m not edged between two scoots with 1mm to spare on each side.

1 Like

Because locals don’t give a f**k scratching other scooters, moving them around to get a narrow ‘parking’ spot

1 Like

The Viva Mix seems like a good product given the price point. Comparable to the G2 but a little smaller and lighter all-around and with a slightly weaker motor. Having 2 batteries is a huge upgrade over the original Viva; the original Viva was never really an option for me due to its poor range and power output.

Here is a side-by-side specs comparison of the Viva Mix and the 2 Plus.

4 Likes

Another thing I’m excited about is that apparently the belt drive system on the higher-end Viva Mix is quieter. The reduction in noise pollution is already one of the huge advantages of the Gogoro over a gas scooter, and I’m glad that they’re doubling down on it.

2 Likes

Agree. The whine of the previous models can be annoying after riding for a while.

1 Like

My Kymco has a couple of small scratches from once getting laid out on the street at a low speed, but it has zero scratches from scooters parking too close to me–or from me parking too close to other scooters. I’d say Kymco has better plastic than Gogoro, hands down.

I have a full face helmet and I wonder if it would fit under the seat of the Viva. I looked at the comparison and the G2 specifically mentions a full face helmet will fit, but the Viva doesn’t say :thinking:

1 Like

I would honestly prefer some kind of sound coming from the vehicle. At least in small alleys with no traffic lights, you can at least hear motorized scooters, but the newer GGRs are much quieter.

In turn, it’s great, much less noise pollution, but let’s be honest, no electric scooter is going to have a higher decibel than a gas scooter.

1 Like

There’s a reasonably entertaining Ron Howard movie based on this premise (the meta score is not unfair).

My Kymco gets scratched just by looking at it. Most scooters have the same plastic, Gogoro is the only one with a very different plastic. It will still get scratched as pointed by some videos, but it doesn’t look as bad as the regular scooters getting scratched.

1 Like

That’s a fair point. I personally am of the opinion that less noise is always better but I understand where you’re coming from.

Sometimes the old ways are the best.

2 Likes

Just sand it and repaint.

A Gogoro is made of 100% fully recyclable polypropylene!

1 Like

After the first few scratches on my kymco, its almost a right of a scooters passage to see how many parking scratches it can rack up. Doesn’t bother me anymore and it’s great for parking in tight spots without worrying about the paint anymore. I had a non registered one when I first got to Taiwan, 100cc two stroke that looked like it survived multiple wars but was so reliable. I’d be terrified to buy an expensive Gogoro and park it just anywhere

Is the “warbling” sound of a Gogoro at slow speed sufficient advance warning ?

If that were true there wouldn’t be so many with those padded jackets. There’s even a nice orange one with a big 'ol black scratch parked in front of my building. I’ve never seen a scratch magnet like them in all my years here. It’s possible the 3 model has improved on the 2, though.

That is actually the case.
G1 and G2 have normal painted plastic and G3, Viva, and new Viva Mix have Polypropylene plastic which is the same color throughout so scratches are less noticeable.

2 Likes

Mine has a matte paint so I was babying it, parking in normal parking lots and keeping it underground when possible but the first time I parked in those crowded parking lots it got scratched and I couldn’t even take it out without moving like 4 scooters… Now I don’t care :frowning:

1 Like

I have some scratches on the sides for the 3 years I have had my G2, I still find spots towards the butt end of parking squares…to prevent more scratches.

If I know I’m heading to an areas like Xinyi or Ximen, I head to paid parking, which if it’s government/public parking garages, electric scooters park for free! If not, usually it’s no more than 20NT per instance.