Gogoro maintenance costs and monthly consumption vs petrol motorbikes

Hi,

Any Gogoro owners could share their thought about Gogoro maintenance costs and monthly consumption on the long term compared to petrol motorbikes ?
I’m about to buy a Gogoro 3.

Monthly consumption is easy. The two most popular plans are NT$799 for 630km; and NT$499 for 315km. Both plans just charge per km if you go over, and have no contract duration. You could sell your Gogoro and you’re not locked into anything.

There are also “all you can ride” plans, I think these are around NT$1200 and require you to sign a multiyear contract.

I use the NT$799 plan for 630km and I usually go a few km over so it’s perfect for me. How much would 630km of gas cost? I’m not sure, maybe around $400? Definitely less than $799, which is why most locals consider Gogoro to be an expensive/luxury product. But as you can tell from the fact that they seem to be multiplying out on the streets, a lot of folks are calculating that the increased monthly cost is worth it because they’re more fun to ride, they don’t rumble/rattle, they don’t stink, they don’t have tailpipes that burn your leg, and they’re cool.

On maintenance, Gogoro is still pretty new so long term is hard to say. In general, electric vehicles require much less maintenance than gas equivalents.

I’ve taken mine in to the Gogoro shop a few times, first time was cause the battery station told me I needed maintenance. They charged me $700 and did a bunch of stuff, I didn’t really understand what. Seemed like an annual maintenance sort of thing. Second time was to replace the handgrips (I bought mine second hand so they were sorta sticky), that was $600 including labor which I thought was extremely fair. Third time I took it in cause the chain was getting noisy, they cleaned it for me for $300.

You’ll have to replace the tires and chain every 10,000km or so, same as any scooter. Brakes last longer because they get less wear due to regen braking.

As for the customer experience at Gogoro maintenance, it’s freakin amazing. So so much better and friendlier than having to go into one of those scooter shops with either A) a tatted up young guy who thinks he’s hot shit and doesn’t have time for you, or B) a cranky old dude you can’t understand who would rather be chewing betel nuts with his buddies at the shrimp fishing spot.

11 Likes

Is it possible to buy batteries and charge them at home, so not paying anymore the monthly fee?
You just pay XXXX for the battery, and that’s it?

1 Like

Are they similar to Teslas in that they control every aspect of maintenance? Or can you do your own thing with your own bike?

Thanks so much for your detailed comment, appreciate it. It’s more clear to me now.

I bought a gogoro this month. I got the unlimited $899/month for 3 years; BUT, they have a special, so the first year I only pay $499/month, and after a year I can pick a different plan or use the $899.
To …dtan…why would you charge gogoro battery at home? You don’t pay by how many times you charge it. You pay based on how far you drive.
As for maintenance, the first 2years they do it all including oiling your chain that you need to do once a month.
Beyond the 2yr warranty…I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Because I thought it would be possible to pay in the beginning and not having to think about paying anything anymore (even though 499 a month is honestly very little).

Regarding the monthly plans, it really depends on your usage pattern. I mostly drive very short range, and the energy consumption based “flex” plan at 299NTD turned out best for me. More details about monthly cost vs. used km including a graph are in the main gogoro thread:

2 Likes

Maybe not new news…

There is a service available that will find and come to your scooter at night and replace the battery with a fully recharged battery.

No, it’s not a lot of trouble to find a battery-swap spot but might be useful for lazy people, busy people, dumb people, old people, KTV girls that work at night, criminals trying to avoid the public eye, people not near a swap spot :battery:

1 Like

most 125CC Motorcycle do 1 Liter for 25 KM
630/25 =25.2 Liter
25.2 Liter x 28.5 NT=718.2 NT

That’s not true at all, 125cc are around 50km/l now.
For reference the current year Yamaha Cygnus is rated at 47.6 km/l the more eco Yamaha Jog 125 is 57.6/l

1 Like

A friend who owns a gogoro says an unlimited use pass is about 800nt a month. Good if you drive a lot.

1 Like