Going going, Saddy's Gone?

Really? That’s interesting. Links please. Are ther only 5% of us who see the futility in taking another life?

L.

prisontalk.com/forums/showth … p?t=155233

apopularitycontest.com/displ … hp?ID=2243

Mmmm. But the most intersesting is this one:

crazyprofile.com/poll/poll.asp

This is obviously just a small cross section of opinions. I’m sure another five minute Google search could give us the exact opposite too. Perhaps we should do a poll which wouldn’t include Saddam, but be titlted " Should one man have the right to take another’s life?" Afterall isn’t that the biggest crime a man can commit - to take another’s life?

L.

[quote=“Quentin”]That’s right. No one ever had the right to kill Stalin or Hitler for their crimes against humanity. We should have sent them to sensitivity therapy, instead.

What planet are you living on? Certainly not Earth, where 95% of the people (according to polls in both Europe, the U.S., and Canada) believe that if you kill a man, you deserve death in return.[/quote]

Preventing a vengeful horde is one of the connundrums of a modern democracy. The majority may be for hangings, but traditionally parliamentarians have elected not to give in to the mob and that is why the death penalty no longer exists in Australia and the UK, for example.

I think given the very serious concerns raised by international jurors on the way the trial was conducted, hanging the man at this point was a big mistake. It certainly does not bode well for a more humane Iraq.

HG

For all the misdeeds Saddam Hussein committed, the manner in which he was tried and oh so conveniently dispatched should be regarded as a blight on the moral landscape painted by the West. From start to shameful finish, the process has been a travesty. A complete and utter sham. The execution of Saddam Hussein, apart from the obvious taking of a life, serves little purpose other than facilitating George Bush’s (and his supporters and acolytes) ability to get an erection.

A pathetic, pitiful and shameful chapter in the log book of democracy.

I shall wipe my arse today on a downloaded copy of the U.S. constitution.

I hope you are proud of yourselves. Will you really be able to look your own children in the eye and tell them of this moment in history with a true sense of satisfaction and knowledge that justice has really been carried out in a manner which befits the moral superiority we so frequently claim?

Perhaps not but it may help sustain your hard-ons until the next object of American ire comes along.

A dark day.

BroonAl-tikriti

Fuckin’ hell Broonie! Say it like it is!

:bravo:

Interesting readinghere

I pray it is a full-sized copy?

[quote]
The execution of Saddam Hussein, apart from the obvious taking of a life, serves little purpose other than facilitating George Bush’s (and his supporters and acolytes) ability to get an erection. [/quote]

BroonAngle, are you so singlemindedly tunnelvisioned that you see only world leaders on that tiny tiny screen in your mind’s eye?

There are MILLIONS of Iraqis who crouched in fear under the chair of Saddy whilst his fat foul ass sat directly on top of them for oh, say, TWO DECADES. Surely you don’t believe that these people, normal Joe Blow, of Abbu Alaks if you will, weren’t suffering from PTSD. How the hell were they supposed to move with their lives feeling a very real threat from Saddam, even when he was incarcerated? I saw relief on the faces of Iraqis yesterday.

Now maybe some OTHER motherfucker will come along and stick people into meat grinders, but that motherfucker won’t.

Now, I don’t believe in cursing the dead. Saddam is square with the house, and IMHO, for what he did to so many people, physically hurting them via torture mutilation and rape, hanging was an acceptable end for him.

Disclosure: I am not hard in the least over this.

jdsoft

JD,

Can’t you see the futility in the act of hanging him?

Limey,

Can’t you see the justice in his hanging?

jd,

You claim not to want to talk ill of the dead yet you don’t hold back on on calling him names. One or the other please.

I began my post by stating “for all his misdeeds”, ergo, I am not disagreeing that he was not altogether wholesome, however, if any of you on the righteous right take pride in the manner in which this whole sorry saga has ended, then I truly pity you.

Whatever post-war moral high-ground the United States once held has been lost to the expeditious whim of a semi-literate, quasi-religious moron.

Your president and your government are a disgrace. Those that follow, equally so.

Executing Saddam Hussein in such a manner; after a sham “trial” was a grave mistake.

Don’t cry when the world ceases to listen to you anymore. Doesn’t matter; for in 15 years Europe will re-emerge, China will be dominant and Mexico will refuse you poor impoverished Americans work visas.

Good luck and goodnight America.

BroonAmoral

it was a foregone conclusion that his life would cease to exist one way or the other when they caught him hiding in that foxhole way back. I was wondering, weren’t there other crimes that he was to be charged with that he could have made a mockery of the kangaroo court for years to come? It seems to me he could have languished on death row for 20 or 30 years first, while all the facts were brought out. By then, technology could have taught us how to kill a man more than once.

They sure didn’t waste any time, now did they?

[quote=“Limey”]JD,

Can’t you see the futility in the act of hanging him?[/quote]

Seriously, I do not see it as a futile act. Why do humans always seem to try to be superhuman? Ah, let him go, life in prison, write a few books, find his peace with Allah? Why ask so many people to forgive this man? His acts, from the DAY he took over Iraq have caused two generations of paranoia, REAL fear; mental health professionals would have a field day in Iraq, and the main cause of the Iraqi’s ongoing suffering IMHO is Saddam, his memory, the fear of what He could do. He was a demi-god to these people.

Saddam’s “life” was over. What more was there for him to do? Grow spiritually?

Maybe now, people can get a little hope. If Iraq, through in courts (not the best in the world, not the worst) can put this monster, who deserves death, to death, then maybe, Iraqis can turn their attention to their country and try and unmuck the mess He made of it.

Is it futile to give 27 milion people Hope?

British bitterness?

That’s an awfully large chip on your shoulder BroonAle.

It’s a Freedom Fry.

BroonAfternoonTea

Oh, then perhaps instead of sending the army with all their loud noisy things your lot should have sent a bunch of counsellors and ambulance chasing lawyers? Do you really suppose someone suffering PTSD gains from news of a person being executed? Think carefully now.

Oh, so you were there? Fantastic! The streets must be safe enough for a yank to walk around these days . . or did you mean the images of Iraqis the foreign media decided to show you?

Before coming anywhere near discussing the rights or wrongs of the death penalty you have to overcome the dodgy nature of the man’s trial. If you think kangaroo courts are a good thing for Iraq’s future then I’m afraid that noise you hear when you shake your head are clearly rocks in your damned scone.

HG

It’s a Freedom Fry.[/quote]

:laughing: Humor…well done

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]the dodgy nature of the man’s trial. If you think kangaroo courts are a good thing for Iraq’s future then I’m afraid that noise you hear when you shake your head are clearly rocks in your damned scone.

HG[/quote]

It might be a good idea to test the nature of Iraq’s nascent “judicial system” to put those murderous marines on trial in Iraq to account for their crimes to the Iraqi people. Let the world see those kiddie soldiers hang by the neck. I am against the death penalty but if the Americans truly believe in what the have just witnessed carried out, then hand them over.

You won’t do it because you don’t have the balls. No votes in dead marines.

Hypocrites.

BroonAttorney

yeah, and the South will rise again. :unamused:

[quote]
if any of you on the righteous right take pride in the manner in which this whole sorry saga has ended[/quote]
Not a bit.

[quote]
Do you really suppose someone suffering PTSD gains from news of a person being executed? [/quote]
but we’re not talking about someone, we’re talking about an entire population, aren’t we? There is a difference.

[quote]
If you think kangaroo courts are a good thing for Iraq’s future[/quote]
Nope, and I believe the courts in Iraq will improve, especially when the threat of being murdered for participating in one diminish.

And you’re a teacher of English…tut tut.

:unamused:

BroonAbility

[quote=“jdsmith”]

Nope, and I believe the courts in Iraq will improve, especially when the threat of being murdered for participating in one diminish.[/quote]

Erh, so you acknowledge the sytem was flawed in the most pressing court case in post-Saddam Iraq . and yet you still think his execution, based on that flawed system, was a good thing?

It is a marvelous capacity we humans have to be able hold two clearly conflicting pieces of information and maintain both are correct.

HG

And you’re a teacher of English…tut tut.

:unamused:

BroonAbility[/quote]

Agreement is seldom found in IP.