Going going, Saddy's Gone?

[quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]the dodgy nature of the man’s trial. If you think kangaroo courts are a good thing for Iraq’s future then I’m afraid that noise you hear when you shake your head are clearly rocks in your damned scone.

HG[/quote]

It might be a good idea to test the nature of Iraq’s nascent “judicial system” to put those murderous marines on trial in Iraq to account for their crimes to the Iraqi people. Let the world see those kiddie soldiers hang by the neck. I am against the death penalty but if the Americans truly believe in what the have just witnessed carried out, then hand them over.

You won’t do it because you don’t have the balls. No votes in dead marines.

Hypocrites.

BroonAttorney[/quote]

I wonder why the Iraqi government isn’t clamouring for this. Ah yes, they want us on that wall, they need us on that wall. :laughing:

The court is not perfect, not even close (hard to do when people involed keep, ya know, getting murdered), but, survey says, in Iraq, at this time, it was good enough for Saddam.

Ah and I am still allowed an opinon on his life right? Hence the use of the cussword. But you are correct and I shall remain focused on his monstrously cruel tenure as president of Iraq.

And I hope you have some vitriolic spittle saved up for the British troops and their assorted nastiness in Iraq too BroonAnglo.

Oh, nearly forgot this:[quote]
I began my post by stating “for all his misdeeds”[/quote]
That’s mighty white of you. A true humanitarian. :raspberry:

editied for my crap spelling. see below

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]the dodgy nature of the man’s trial. If you think kangaroo courts are a good thing for Iraq’s future then I’m afraid that noise you hear when you shake your head are clearly rocks in your damned scone.

HG[/quote]

It might be a good idea to test the nature of Iraq’s nascent “judicial system” to put those murderous marines on trial in Iraq to account for their crimes to the Iraqi people. Let the world see those kiddie soldiers hang by the neck. I am against the death penalty but if the Americans truly believe in what the have just witnessed carried out, then hand them over.

You won’t do it because you don’t have the balls. No votes in dead marines.

Hypocrites.

BroonAttorney[/quote]

I wonder why the Iraqi government isn’t clamouring for this. Ah yes, they want us on that wall, they need us on that wall. :laughing:

The court is not perfect, not even close (hard to do when people involed keep, ya know, getting murdered), but, survey says, in Iraq, at this time, it was good enough for Saddam.

Ah and I am still allowed an opinon on his life right? Hence the use of the cussword. But you are correct and I shall remain focused on his monstrously cruel tenure as president of Iraq.

And I hope you have some vitriolic spittle saved up for the British troops and their assorted nastiness in Iraq too BroonAnglo.

Oh, nearly forgot this:[quote]
I began my post by stating “for all his misdeeds”[/quote]
That’s mighty white of you. A true humanitarian. :raspberry:[/quote]

Impugn the American party line and you begin to froth at the mouth and spew invective. Impressive and yet sadly indicative of the immaturity and near-sightedness of your (foreign) policies.

One has come to expect no less from a bunch of well-armed but hopelessly inept bigots.

BroonArmageddon

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Limey”]

Is it futile to give 27 milion people Hope?[/quote][/quote]

No, not at all. If hanging him allows the country and it’s people to grow and be at peace, but I doubt it.

Then again what would be the best way to deal with him? I have no answer for that. But I do believe that taking a man’s life is pointless and shows us more about the character of the hunter than the hunted.

L.

Maybe you are working under a false impression of what being a human animal being is?

BroonAllo wrote[quote]Impugn the American party line and you begin to froth at the mouth and spew invective. Impressive and yet sadly indicative of the immaturity and near-sightedness of your (foreign) policies.

One has come to expect no less from a bunch of well-armed but hopelessly inept bigots.
[/quote]

Not at all. Invective? Where? Froth? On your lips maybe good Sir, not mine. If the Iraqi court system is so bad, why turn anyone else over to it? For “fairness’ sake?”

The US military court system works pretty well for US troops accused of wrongdoing, doesn’t it? Is the Iraqi court system on par with that of Japan? US troops are turned over to Japanese authorities for trial and incarceration. Not all courts are created equal.

What gets me is that you guys seem to want to wait until the world is perfect before taking ANY action.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote=“jdsmith”]

Nope, and I believe the courts in Iraq will improve, especially when the threat of being murdered for participating in one diminish.[/quote]

Erh, so you acknowledge the sytem was flawed in the most pressing court case in post-Saddam Iraq . and yet you still think his execution, based on that flawed system, was a good thing?

It is a marvelous capacity we humans have to be able hold two clearly conflicting pieces of information and maintain both are correct.

HG[/quote]
It’s a dickfer.

Look, what do you expect to happen? Send the Saddster to the Hague? Let the EU handle it? Hell, it worked with Slobbosivitch, right? :unamused:

Maybe you think people are essential good and quasi “godlike” beings; I don’t. I teach kids. We’re base animals; smart monkeys at best.

That’s a long shot as long as “you guys” are involved.

Go to sleep America. Nurse your debt, coddle your increasingly worthless money. In an increasingly multi-polar world, your relevance diminish [sic].

You’ve done your thing, you’ve hanged Saddam, you’ve made the world a far less safe place, now go home and play with your flaccid willies.

BroonArlington

Our foreign policy which your country always follows blindly - be embarrassed about that.

Come on broony, don’t forget who’s your daddy! :laughing:

That’s a long shot as long as “you guys” are involved. [/quote]
“You guys” was directed at you and HGC. :smiley:

Ah, the better to pay back foreign debt with, my pretty.

As long as we have the upper hand militarily, I guess it won’t matter. But that much is obvios [sic].

[quote]
You’ve done your thing, you’ve hanged Saddam, you’ve made the world a far less safe place,[/quote]
Oh please. PLEASE! Show me the insurgents/Iraqi thugs loyal to Saddam. He was a secular Muslim, HATED in his region of the world. I predict little effect.

[quote]
now go home and play with your flaccid willies.
[/quote][/quote]
I recently read that 45% of British women beat their hubbies. no stiff upper lip?

jd’s out for the day

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! :rainbow:

Our foreign policy which your country always follows blindly - be embarrassed about that.

Come on broony, don’t forget who’s your daddy! :laughing:[/quote]

I am ashamed, not embarrassed. As I said above, in the not too distant future, things will change and we will cease listening to the aural vomit from across the pond.

In 20 years you’ll just be poor, cheap labour for Chinese firms manufacturing goods in America for a newly empowered Europe. He who laughs last…

Enjoy your sanctimosity while it lasts for it won’t last much longer.

Congratulations on executing Saddam Hussein; enjoy your wank.

BroonAgriculturalPolicy

Bollocks!

On Earth - where 95% of people polled in Europe, the US and Canada…

That’s a pretty narrow definition of earth.

I’d have trouble believing those figures about even the US. As for Europe and Canada, it just aint true.

Maybe you are working under a false impression of what being a human animal being is?

[/quote]

Perhaps, but I don’t quite understand the question. Can you explain what you mean?

Does being human automatically give us the right to kill others if we think they have done wrong?

L.

In a perfect Chenarian world Rumsfeld would have been draped in garlands and crowned in laurel one crotchety foot atop Saddam’s prostrate dead body. The bells of justice would have been ringing out across Iraq loud enough to drown out the morning call to pray. “Saddam is dead. Saddam is dead. Long live the Rule of Law. Tyranny is dead. Free men step up and take your rightful place at the table of democracy. Gorge yourself. Tyranny is dead.”

In a real Chenarian world Rumsfeld leaves by the back door of his own ineptitude. Saddam rises to the gallows dignified, the only man not wearing a hood. The Rule of Law lies prostrate on hospital beds all over Iraq. Where the people scream out for a tyrant to rise to put an end to terror and restore the semblance of sanity.

The full video of Saddam’s execution is online. Don’t watch if you can’t take it!

watching the few moments before he was hung that was broadcast on the news was bad enough! really grotesque!

Your comments make me think you’ve not seen much on the internet if you found that footage really grotesque. Some of the beheading videos make Saddam’s hanging look like a walk in the park. Those are truly not for everyone…

From Abu Aardvark
abuaardvark.typepad.com/

Sound like anybody we know? :wink:

Interesting false dichotomy: the only alternative to capital punishment is sensitivity therapy.

Life in prison would do just fine.

Who then kills the executioner? And who then kills the executioner’s executioner?

i avoid that stuff.

I’m truly surprised at the general opinion here. I thought I’d get shot down in a barrage of anti-pacifist bull and warmonger outrage.

Looks like F.com is comprised somewhat of that mythical 5%.

L.