Good butchers or meat suppliers in Taipei?

sometimes i use a distributor here named “Johnson’s meat” they offer all cuts, prices are ok, bulk purchases are cheaper. they distribute to TGIF. look them up on the web…delivery is discounted based on purchase size.

We just order online and they’ve always had what we wanted. I didn’t even realize they had a store. i eat their steak almost every night and i love it. It beats any steak at a local steakhouse, which actually isn’t that hard to do I guess.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”]http://www.mayfull.com.tw/

I’ve been asked by a number of people where they can get healthy, higher quality meat and the above is where we get ours. They have a good range, you can order online, and the delivery is very quick. Usually the next day. IIRC they even have organic beef from New Zealand.

If anyone has any experience with them, please feel free to share.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that, a very timely and useful post! My wife has been missing some decent steak! (:

Why don’t you give us the phone number or email? That’d be very helpful for a lot of folks I reckon! Thanks.

Hi all,

We stock boerewors (South African Farmer’s Sausage)
Lamb chops
Lamb shoulder
Lamb leg
Beef striploin steak
Beef T-bone steak
Beef tenderloin

Our beef and lamb is all grass fed, organic when I can get it. All meats can be delivered frozen islandwide (usuually need 3 days lead time, subject to availability). We provide either plain or ready seasoned. Due to fluctuations in import pricing and availability I can’t post a fixed pricelist but if you shoot me a PM or email me I’ll send you a weekly pricelist. If you are looking for a specific cut, feel free to ask and I’ll try to source it for you.

Etienne
0955 496 175
grillmasters@gmail.com

Want to revive this thread.

I’ve seen a lot of Japanese meats at city super now, but for steaks it’s not ideal - a bit too fatty for my taste.

I’ve been getting Australian wagyu / usda when they have it at the grocery stores - but I’m always at the mercy of what they have in stock. Sometimes Canadian - sometimes cuts I don’t want. I don’t buy pre-cut or off the shelf as they’re usually too thin for a traditional steak.

So - other steak people - where do you go for your cuts? Any mail services you use?

Edit: looks like mayfull mentioned above is still around. Going to try some of their cuts - interesting they have dry-aged!

Australian Japanese cow?

Try Tianmu Butchery too.

1 Like

Is it just called “Tianmu Butchery”? Or do you mean butchers in the tianmu area.

Nope, it is an old butchery that has been since time immemorial, and it is called Tianmu Butchery, it is on sector 6, Zhongshan Road, same side as World Gym.

If you need more or do not see it or think they do not have it, ask the guy. he will rummage in the back and bring what you need.

2 Likes

They still have stock from times immemorial!:wink:

Anyways, did you try Costco?

Costco does not carry Australian or Canadian beef.

Mayful has Nicaraguan and Paraguayan, top of the line, organic, delicious.

A friend suggested Thomas Meat. It’s a chain that sells raw meat, including beef. Probably worth a try.