Good coffee / cafes in the South

A durr hurr. :roll_eyes: I agree I shouldn’t have had to clarify, but it was clear he didn’t get it the first time, so I did. Thanks for the passive-aggressive insult anyway, though.

For a thread on good coffee / good cafes, there sure is a lot of sourness here—high acidity!

If we can’t appreciate some of the good things in Taiwan, we’ll be in big trouble.

Guy

1 Like

Yes its nice to dine in town now and I hope people support small business while keeping healthy and safe.

1 Like

Here is a good thing in Taiwan, another nice coffee cafe in Kaoshuing, besides coffee nice snacks and treats : 咖啡足矣 Coffee Serenity

2 Likes

Great Coffee cafe for Espresso

Just north of the Main Station near Dennis Indian food.

3 Likes

Love the crema! Does that espresso have high acidity or African notes?

I’m curious to know about the taste.

Guy

1 Like

Does not have high acidity or bitter taste but that is my tastes. You can choose different beans, and they sell more than one espresso a day so they are in the know. (I asked Starbucks or the first post one, they sell one a day (me)). Not many people drink Espresso in Taiwan, good to know you also drink it. If you go there, go to Dennis Indian food which is nearby for cheap street like food ( You can maybe pay less than my drink), its not fancy at all but good cheap food with hard working South Asian cook (not sure he is from India, but somewhere in South Asia).

Also color matches , haha !

3 Likes

@Explant , here’s the cafe thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another interesting coffee cafe near the Hanshin Arena: Jenshin Coffee (or JS) good coffee and style.

1 Like

Seems no longer open.

Google map says “Permanently closed.”

Guy

Sad news, but cafe was maybe too big now that there is take away orders and less in person.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Any decent Indian/Pakistani Restaurants around Kaohsiung?

Some sweet snack to go with coffee or tea, 覓糖Mitang 苓雅四維店 near Culture Park

3 Likes

Looks like a good spot to take visiting family or friends or tourists.

1 Like

Yes, they have more than one shop, a small chain

Did you try in Taipei

1 Like

I didn’t realize it was a chain but I think maybe I have tried it don’t recall a few years ago

Good, hope you try it, is good place for sweet snacks

1 Like