Good coffee / cafes in the South

Do they serve the espresso in a serving jug which you have to pour into a shotglass? :disappointed:

1 Like

Yes, if that is what you call it in the photo. The best one so far in Taiwan is my first post (Minzhu Road branch) as price/espresso is great (NT$50 eat in).

1 Like

Went for espresso , but no nice cups only take away cups

1 Like

So Covid is ruining espresso along with everything else.

1 Like

I simply hope these shops can survive.

Guy

1 Like

I hope too!

2 Likes

I just heard this morning from my Kaoshuing co worker the biggest city night market will close down forever. If true , this is sad news (even though I seldom go there). Seems part COVID19 and just younger people no going there and places like cafes.

Which one? Is it one of those that set up only 1 a week in a certain place?

I heard Reifong. (I started a new topic)

1 Like

For interested forumosans, the Kaohsiung night market discussion can be continued over here:

Guy

1 Like

Have you been there recently? I wanted bring home some snacks and was not sure they are open? (Trying to support local shops)

Google maps claims they are open. There’s a phone number there too, so I’d say just call them!

Guy

They are open for takeout and delivery.

1 Like

Thank you, and did get nice takeway snacks & drinks.

3 Likes

A month ago, not recent.

3 Likes

Yes, hard to have a take away one, hard but not impossible

1 Like

Good now things getting back to way it was before

1 Like

That post was from 2 months ago. You can dine-in now.

1 Like

Recent visit to Simtree was ok, and me just normal.

2 Likes

Cafes, like bars/pubs, have always served that function in all countries. When people talk about “coffee culture” anywhere they are talking about the culture of cafes. There’s not much culture involved when I make my own coffee at home by myself.