Good English-speaking hairdresser or barber in Taipei?

[quote=“sandman”]Tom, seriously. Go to a pet shop and buy a dog trimmer for NT$800 or so. It’s exactly the same product as they sell for humans in places like Sogo but for NT$3-4,000.
They come with a variety of guards 1-4. You can’t go wrong. I’ve had mine for several years now and it’s still in good nick.
Remember that once you go small you’ll need to keep doing it every couple of weeks or so, so the thing will very quickly pay for itself. It takes only about 5 minutes max. to give yourself a quick once over.[/quote]

Ditto here, although mine only came with two guards, one that’s about 1-4 depending on how you slant it, and another longer one, you’re probably better off getting a more specific set.
And don’t forget to oil the fecker.

Does anyone know the location of a pet store in Tienmu, cos I want to shave my noodle. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There’s lots of them on Zhongshan north road. From the American school on south. Walk along there and you will find five or six.

Ta.
The chief says i will need to bin my bins if i want a skin head!

I got a good set of clippers for NT$1200 at one of the electronic/household chain stores by Kuting MRT station (the one with three or four floors and the winding staircase - on the top floor I think). Guards 1 to 4. Basic cordless barbershop clippers.

Does anyone know a decent hairdresser in Taipei that speaks English?? I need to get my hair done but dont want to go through the hassel of trying to explain what i’d like done to someone who doesnt speak English. any recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Yeah now,

Sometimes you have to suffer a bit living overseas. :unamused:

If you have to ask where to get your hair done then maybe you should of stayed home. Please…

Do a search. There are several threads on this. No wait, I have done the work for you. :wink:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … r&&start=0

I, like many others, go to Diane: great lady; nice relaxing studio in her apartment so it’s just you; good music; and a good cut. Semi-colons are optional.

i second diane

I do not remember the name of the shop, but the guys there did speak fairly good English. I have no hair, so I was accompanying my wife. The shop is on the left on the second floor of a building on Shi-Da just east of Roosevelt.

Save yourself the time and trouble and just buy yourself a Flowbee! :bouncy:

http://www.flowbee.com/

[color=darkblue]hehehe…kidding of course.[/color]

M & M, very close to Exit 1 of ChungHsiao Fuxing MRT.

Ask for Eddie. He’s from Malaysia and trained in the UK. His English is perfect, and he is often emplyed as an interpretor at important hairdressing functions. He’s the only hairdresser I’ve encountered who knew exactly what a rough cut was.

Eddie: 093203220843

You also get a nice head massage and get to lie in a vibrating massage chair while getting your hair washed.

:slight_smile:

[quote=“derek1978”]Save yourself the time and trouble and just buy yourself a Flowbee! :bouncy:

http://www.flowbee.com/

[color=darkblue]hehehe…kidding of course.[/color]
[/quote]

Headaches ? Release cranial pressure on your brain with a skull-o-drill.

I’d second Diane too (or should it be a third??) - her English is perfect and she knows western hair. It’s a little bit pricier than other places in the city but well worth it for the peace of mind that she knows what she’s doing.

Choosing between Diane (with good looks I presume) or Eddy, maybe one of many friendly gay hairdressers, but an expert in his job… mmmm :loco: difficult…

I gave up going to the place near my office. “Ie dien-dien” did not helped.
Now I look like a monk.

His wife and daughter will tell you that you are a conclusion jumper. :laughing:

Indeed. But she’s already spoken for :slight_smile:

I visit Paul’s Studio now on a regular 6-8wk basis, no smoke smells! a brilliant colorist and cutter, his prices are not quite as high as some “higher” class salons here, though low priced for an international calibre stylist. He’s high priced for the student/teacher market, a cut is around NT$2000, my last do for growing out has gone 9wks without anything done and it still looks great. - My roots need doing soon.

My highlites are amazing 3-tone, red-gold, brown & blond, and the cut was awesome, I’ve had some great stylists work on my hair over the years that I’ve been an expatriate and Paul has come out on top. He says doesn’t like to perm much anymore, though he does, as he says it leads to follicle damage and severe hair loss over time. -Quite admirable, obviously he’s not a cash grabber.

Check him out, you’ll be happy, appointments only, I think his hours are 10am-6 or 7pm Closed Sunday & Monday. 2875-1035.

-CL

Don’t know anything about Paul’s Studio, but I had searched this threat weeks ago and randomly chose Diane’s place to get my haircut. Since I was traveling from Nantou to get my haircut, the decision was not easy.

Anyway, last week, 4/1, I met and had a cut and highlight from Diane. She was very talkative and a great conversationalist! Not a boring minute was spent there! I will have to admit, she was very nice to my other half (Taiwanese) who went along to help me find the place.

Diane, everything was great and we both really enjoyed your company. Loved the crazy cats too!! Thanks for a great time and great experience.

As for a request or something I noticed, was there was no neck/head massage as most local places have. Not a problem for me, just something I noticed. Thanks again and hope to see you again in the near future!!

Maria as WONDERFUL!!! 0931092417