Good tailor in Taipei

Thank you for your question.

Our prices are solely dependent on the fabric chosen, therefore we have a starting price of 3000 NTD for locally sourced fabrics. For the premium fabric brands like Albini, Alumo, and Thomas Mason… it starts at 5500 and up

This includes everything, the fabric, the customization, and precious mother of pearl buttons as well as adjustments following the first fitting.

All our prices are clearly shown on every fabric book, no more surprise higher price at the end of the order process :).

We’re on the high end of the price when it comes to shirts since we only work with selected higher quality fabrics and offer a real bespoke service, every customer has its own pattern unlike most shirts sold in Taiwan that are Made to Measure (MTM).

Let me know if you have any other questions about bespoke cloth in Taiwan, I’d be more than happy to answer.

8 Likes

Thanks for the reply!
I’ll probably gift myself one of those in the future…

From my experience with countless visits to the two areas where you can buy fabric in Taipei, the linen range you have looks quite good. |
Linen with stripes for example is impossible to find in Taiwan.

1 Like

My pleasure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Fabric choice is something we are always searching to expand.

You are absolutely right, Linen in particular offers much less color choice and patterns compared to Cotton.

We have much more linens than shown online, if you are curious about Linen shirts, I can show you our selection one of these days, many different textures, thicknesses/ blends that all give a different feel when worn.

Cheers

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Guy

1 Like

Looks fantastic!
Just one question: are the shirts cut and stitched in Taiwan?
I just want to make sure I get something made on the island!
Thanks.

1 Like

I paid that for an off-the-rack Brooks Brothers shirt here in US recently.
You’ll see me in December :grinning:

1 Like

That’s a very pertinent question you have! In fact, most tailored shirts sold in Taiwan are outsourced, the shop would just measure you and send the sheet to a factory, some outsource to Taiwanese factories while some to Chinese ones.

At L’Atelier Monceau, all our shirts and polos are crafted from start to finish by us, proudly in Taiwan.

Our process goes like this:

• After the initial consultation with our customer, we order the necessary amount of fabric.
  • Then we create a personalized pattern and board for our customer.
  • The pattern is drawn and cut in our showroom (Taipei, Da’an), you can actually see us cutting fabric every day!
  • We take the cut fabric to our secondary location where our factory is located (New Taipei City), our team of tailors and seamstresses are mostly there as well as our machines.
  • The shirt is assembled by our team of seamstresses and buttoned up/ironed before a quality check. I personally check every shirt before delivery.
  • At last, the shirt is ready for the first trial

Except for the brand fabrics we import from Italy/Europe (Alumo Albini, Thomas Mason, etc) everything is proudly made in Taiwan, and entirely by us.

4 Likes