Google Maps now has Street View in Taiwan

I’m on Goggle Street View!!

here

[quote=“Chris”]I’m on Goggle Street View!!

here[/quote]
Haha, you and your wife :laughing:

Actually, me and a friend and his wife.

Oh. :unamused:

[quote=“Chris”]I’m on Goggle Street View!!

here[/quote]
That’s awesome…although I don’t believe that it’s really you, Chris. You’re not wearing that red and white scarf in the picture. You also appear to be giving the Google car the finger :wink:

I believe I’m pointing at the Google Car in that pic. “Hey look! The Google Car!”

Just now saw the Google car with cameras on top.

I’m marked where I am and will check it later. I’m guessing it’ll take at least a couple months to be up on the internet.

1 Like

Seen one about 6 months ago however the street I was on is still showing the street view from 2017

2 Likes

Indicating what? Density of Google Street view coverage?

Does it show like double coverage, like when there are numerous time versions of the same location?

I am baffled that Germany still does not have street view, what are the afraid of?

To answer my own question:

2 Likes

That would make the #picquiz game quite interesting!

Once, I was riding a scooter behind one and it took a couple of weeks before I was online.

When I was in Taipei, Google maps showed Taipei city but still thought I was in UK, I became so fed up with it telling me to turn left when cycling on City roads, I ignored and carrried straight on! strangley enough was happy with that, if said turn right I did and was correct.

I bought a City map in the end and did it old fashioned way.

Found myself in Google maps street view.

1 Like

Maybe it still had your old home or work address tag and thought you were still in UK.

Not just Germany, but Google are disliked in Austria, Canada and Australia too.

Seems that they ‘accidentally’ collected all WiFi details when their Camera Car passed. In my case in Sydney, looking at Google Maps with Location set on and it showed my location to within a few metres, set back from the street too, so I suspected they had somehow got the connection details, which they later admitted they did. They have been past since it seems, and as my WiFi modem/router has changed, so has the accuracy, more like 50 metres now.

Edit - here in Yingge, the ‘blue dot’ is about 50m away.

1 Like

Weird images pop-up of cars, 6 wheels, 7 doors.

1 Like

Not a big deal. Just two camera shots that overlapped. I see it with people stretched across the screen all the time.

What would the interval between images be?

I guess their software tries to rationalize it into a coherent image?

2 Likes