Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (GB美式餐廳 )

[quote=“fee”]Excellent review and useful info, as usual, elektonsik.

I still think I will go and give it a look at some point, but without too high of expectations. I’d like to try the beer sampler and one of their burgers. [/quote]

Thanks fee.

I think that the burger would probably be a safe bet. It looked like there was a lot of beef in it. The price is $370 for the basic cheeseburger and $390 for the other three options.

Remember I am still in the minority as far as the beer goes. citizen k and jlick both liked the beer. I’d like to hear your opinion on how they stack up (the beer, not citizen k and jlick). :wink:

Well, I only had the Marzen, (the one you liked best, I believe), so I guess my appreciation is limited to that. :wink:

[quote=“elektronisk”][quote=“fee”]Excellent review and useful info, as usual, elektonsik.

I still think I will go and give it a look at some point, but without too high of expectations. I’d like to try the beer sampler and one of their burgers. [/quote]

Thanks fee.

I think that the burger would probably be a safe bet. It looked like there was a lot of beef in it. The price is $370 for the basic cheeseburger and $390 for the other three options.

Remember I am still in the minority as far as the beer goes. citizen k and jlick both liked the beer. I’d like to hear your opinion on how they stack up (the beer, not citizen k and jlick). :wink:[/quote]
Yeah, somebody needs to check this burger out. I never heard of this place, but for some reason whenever I saw this thread, I thought it was some kind of clothing chain like Marks and Spencer. Until I noticed it was in the restaurant forum.

And as you are the resident burger expert, I nominate you. :laughing:

And as you are the resident burger expert, I nominate you. :laughing:[/quote]
I know I’m no expert, but if I have to I guess I could force myself to try one.

Ate with some friends here recently.
A lot of the stuff on the menu is interesting, but this place just seems like Dan Ryans on steroids, minus the kitsch. A little bit on the pricey side for this town. Didn’t the whole brewery restaurant/beer sampler thing go out with the 90s?

I tried the basic cheeseburger yesterday. That’s what it is, a basic cheeseburger. It’s not hard. You cook meat, put it on a bun, throw on some veggies, and it’s a cheeseburger. It’s amazing how nobody in Taiwan could do it until just a few years ago. Now it’s easy to find a good one. I was eating it and thinking that I wish I wasn’t trying to think about what to write about it on Forumosa. It’s better if you don’t think about it. Just say, “Ummmm food good!” It’s a little expensive, but I guess you’re paying for the ambiance. It’s cooked medium well (at 155 degrees). It doesn’t come with any dressing so I had to ask for mustard. Kind of a bitter charcoal taste to it. I like Chili’s better, but this is good. The kids had pizza from the children’s menu, wife had the turkey rueben. No complaints. I liked the Czech Lager the best of the beers.

Hee hee! Just as well it wasn’t you that was making it – you just described a hamburger. One would normally assume that a cheeseburger would include dairy product of some kind. :wink:

There was cheese. Swiss.

I thought his name was Sandman :ponder:

Usually I don’t think about the cheese. It’s more like the glue that holds the hamburger together.

Has anyone been to the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant? There are two in Taipei. One is on Dunhua North Road near the IKEA. Another is in Xinyi District and another in Taizhong. Please give your comments.

It’s all been said before.

Here, here, and here. Over there too.

For brewery beer it does not have a fresh taste IMHO.

Please point me to the location in Taipei where I can find a better draft beer than the GB czech pilsner and I will worship you henceforth as a diety*.

*diety worshiping stipulation is based on my own personal taste buds which favor hoppy pale ale

Jolly’s scotch lager.

On your knees, bucko!

Scotch ale, silly me

Please point me to the location in Taipei where I can find a better draft beer than the GB czech pilsner and I will worship you henceforth as a diety*.

*diety worshiping stipulation is based on my own personal taste buds which favor hoppy pale ale[/quote]

Well considering it’s probably brewed by the tonne in the US somewhere (unless somebody can advise me otherwise). As for a better draft in Taiwan…it’s not exactly competitive out there, I wonder how it stacks up to the Taiwanese ‘Le D’or’.

Scotch ale should be lightly hopped and malty, usually. Quite the opposite of what the poster is seeking. An easy mistake for someone from a country that considers 4-ex and Fosters to be libations.