Gore, 2008 US President

[quote=“Monkey D. Luffy”]
BTW TC, it’s Al Gore, surely you can give more respect to an 8 year Vice-President of your country?[/quote]

Like the Democrats moaning because Cheney wasn’t killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan?

[Cheney Escapes Taliban Suicide Attack on Base

[quote=“JAS”][quote=“Monkey D. Luffy”]Gore, with his Clinton years experience, has the wisdom to make all the right moves

[/quote]

Gained from attending fundraisers in Buddhist temples no doubt :laughing:[/quote]
Yes, that was stupid-I’m sure he learned from that.

Still, do you have anythng substantive to say? You wish to use your brain and compare this mistake with those of the Bush Administration? Search around, there are plenty of threads. :slight_smile:
tvnewslies.org/html/iraq_lies.html

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Monkey D. Luffy”]
BTW TC, it’s Al Gore, surely you can give more respect to an 8 year Vice-President of your country?[/quote]

Like the Democrats moaning because Cheney wasn’t killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan?

[Cheney Escapes Taliban Suicide Attack on Base

This topic is about Al Gore for 2008. Cheers :sunglasses:

(edit: I just had one, thanks. What is the correct American vernacular since this must be an American forum? Oh, merci… :wink: )

if you wish to align yourself and TC with Democrats, go right ahead. Why follow others to see what is the right attitude towards your country and its institutions?

I’ll leave it to HG to give my opinion of that thread:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]As culpable or otherwise as Cheney may be, for my own peace of mind I’m going to assume that no one here is really serious about seeing a successful mission carried out by these fucking luddites. Let’s not forget “a U.S. servicemember, a coalition member and a U.S. government contractor died in that attack.”

HG[/quote]

Um, sure. We’ll give you North Carolina and Tennessee (combined electoral votes: 26). I certainly don’t see winning those states with Obama or Hillary, either. And we’ll take Pennsylvania and Ohio (41 votes), and maybe even Florida (another 27 votes) in 2008.

You offering me a drink or something?

[quote=“alidarbac”]
Um, sure. We’ll give you North Carolina and Tennessee (combined electoral votes: 26). I certainly don’t see winning those states with Obama or Hillary, either. And we’ll take Pennsylvania and Ohio (41 votes), and maybe even Florida (another 27 votes) in 2008.[/quote]

2008 looks like it might end up being somekind of a bastard replay of 68 and 72. Unfortunately (for entertainment value only) Obama couldn’t hold a candle to Eldridge Cleaver.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Monkey -
algore deserves better than a tout who comes into chatrooms and posts lies to gain support for algore as the 2008 Dem Party nominee.

1. algore did not win in 2000.
  2. algore will not be “the first man elected as President 3 times.
  3. 2x elected US President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney did not “avoid service in Viet Nam” no matter how many times you or anyone else wants to tell that lie.

So let show our support for algore! by waging a campaign of truth and get this Ol’ Boy the Demo nomination on the 2008 US Presidential ticket!

go algore go![/quote]

Cheney avoided service in Vietnam.

Was it that obvious? haha

No just a bit too mellow after two weeks in Bali. I find the pace a bit faster in Taipei than what I have been used to recently. I hope I recover by Monday. haha

Fred[/quote]

Bali? I’m glad the jihadists didn’t kill you fred. Welcome back.

go algore go!

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“alidarbac”]
Um, sure. We’ll give you North Carolina and Tennessee (combined electoral votes: 26). I certainly don’t see winning those states with Obama or Hillary, either. And we’ll take Pennsylvania and Ohio (41 votes), and maybe even Florida (another 27 votes) in 2008.[/quote]

2008 looks like it might end up being somekind of a bastard replay of 68 and 72. Unfortunately (for entertainment value only) Obama couldn’t hold a candle to Eldridge Cleaver.[/quote]

If Obama is the Democrat nominee, the Republican landslide victory could match 1972. At least McGovern had experience. As much as I dislike the man’s politics, he flew B-24 bombers during World War II, rebuilt the Democratic Party in South Dakota, served in the House, as the Director of “Food for Peace” and then in the Senate.

Obama? Chilling out in Indonesia :smiling_imp: . State Legislator. One-term Senator. :laughing:

2008 looks like it might end up being somekind of a bastard replay of 68 and 72. Unfortunately (for entertainment value only) Obama couldn’t hold a candle to Eldridge Cleaver.[/quote]

I for one am looking forward to the Democratic primaries. I want to see the kid gloves off when Hillary climbs Mt Obama.

Think she’ll call him “boy?”

How do you see this as a replay of 68 and 72? McCain as Nixon? I don’t know about that.

I was thinking 2008 would be more of a replay of 1960. After two terms of a GOP president whose popularity dipped towards the end of their second term, resulting in their party losing big in that last Congressional mid-term election, a young, charismatic senator captures the hearts and imagination of America. And if we can avoid what happens from 1963 on, that would be wonderful.

Stepping back from my own partisan view, why couldn’t we have these candidates back in 2004? In my opinion, Hillary and Obama are so much better than Kerry; McCain, Giuliani, hell even Mitt Romney are so much better than Bush.

[quote=“alidarbac”]
How do you see this as a replay of 68 and 72? McCain as Nixon? [/quote]

Nothing to do with the Republicans at all. Simply the Democrats self-destructing.

I met Al Gore once. He seemed like a friendly, personable guy, but I didn’t get to talk to him long. He was not “wooden” as the Republican propogandists portray him.

Luckily for you, it was only once.

He seems like an egoistic know-it-all who has become unbearable since he “lost” the election that was “rightly his” and now this purgatory of global warming and serving as the Warrior to His Pet Cause. Intolerable. Insufferable. Unendurable.

Wooden? No. Self-serving? Assumptions of Being the Anointed One? Oh yes. Big Time. And Bush gets hit with the I am Serving A Greater Cause contempt? How rich…

How do you see this as a replay of 68 and 72? McCain as Nixon? [/quote]

Nothing to do with the Republicans at all. Simply the Democrats self-destructing.[/quote]

Hmm, I guess that’s possible, with Hillary being the war-supporting, lukewarm-support Hubert Humphrey and Obama being the out-in-the-wilderness Eugene McCarthy. Or Obama being RFK? Well, whatever. I know for sure that there’s no friggin’ way that the GOP would take every state except Massachusetts like in '72.

Even in the worst case scenario for the Dems, in which the Democratic party does self-annihilate from the Hillary-Obama primaries, we’ll at the very least be grateful that Bush will be out of office.

“we’ll”??? :laughing:

[quote=“alidarbac”]
Hmm, I guess that’s possible, with Hillary being the war-supporting, lukewarm-support Hubert Humphrey
and Obama being the out-in-the-wilderness Eugene McCarthy. Or Obama being RFK? Well, whatever. I know for sure that there’s no friggin’ way that the GOP would take every state except Massachusetts like in '72.

Even in the worst case scenario for the Dems, in which the Democratic party does self-annihilate from the Hillary-Obama primaries, we’ll at the very least be grateful that Bush will be out of office.[/quote]

And what should the slogans be for the Democrat nominees in 2008? I bet many of the anti-war spoiled-generation baby boomers that were “Clean for Gene” in 1968 are now “Osamas for Obama” in 2008.

“we’ll”??? :laughing:[/quote]

By we I meant Democrats. Yes, if the Dems were to self-implode (which I guess at this early stage is a possibility, but my gut feeling is that the primaries will get nasty, but the base will eventually rally around the nominee) and were to lose badly to McCain, Giuliani, or Romney, we Dems would be awfully disappointed, but probably not as disappointed as after 2004. At least we could take solace in the fact that Bush is out.

I mean, look at those three GOP candidates: a senator from Arizona, a former mayor of NYC, and a former governor of MA. I personally wouldn’t vote for any of them, but I’d take any of them over Bush. Notice that none of them are a Southerner or a religious conservative (it doesn’t seem like Romney’s Mormonism doesn’t really fit into the rest of the religious right). The religious right has got to be steaming that none of those candidates even comes close to representing their interests, but any candidate that they could put forth (Frist?) would not poll higher than single digits in the GOP primaries.

Of course as a conservative, I’m sure you would be pissed with any of the Dems getting elected (while I’m lukewarm on Hillary, just the thought of watching conservatives flipping out at news of her election would get me to support her if she is the eventual nominee). But would you honestly tell me that if any of those three GOP candidates were elected in 2008 that you would be ruing, “Gee whiz, I sure wish we could have had another four years of Bush”?

Simple Yankee racism. :laughing:

You won’t see conservatives getting their panties in a twist and screaming they were moving to Canada or France a la Johnny Depp (who moved back to the US :laughing:)

I don’t care for any of the the three but I’m not going to have a heart attack about it. I hated Nixon in 68 and 72 but he was a hell of alot better than those he was running against.