Got into an argument with a bus driver

Good to see precedent. I remember people being successfully charged for that in the past.

1 Like

I wonder the same thing. Can questioning someoneā€™s logic be considered an insult to their intelligence and make them lose face? If so, I better stop pointing out peopleā€™s mistake at work.

I mean, yeah, usually they are successfully charged, but they are not successfully convicted.

The devil is in the detail!

Prosecutors drop case against foul-mouthed Australian - Taipei Times

1 Like

I remember fines being paid. But this was a long time ago.

It is interesting, for me at least. My guess is questions are generally less of a problem than statements. But what do I know? Middle finger should be a clear no-go for anyone whoā€™s been here for a decade plus. I think the law is daft, but it what it is.

3 Likes

This happened at a bus stop.

Itā€™s hard to know without knowing the full story.

It is possible they didnā€™t want to go to court or spend extra money and accepted guilt.

Yes, or dinosaur judge. There were a lot more of them around back in the good old days.

Possibly. Transitioning to democracy is often messy.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Stuff about the US

Yet he had no problem stopping on a red line in the middle of a highway and leaving the bus because I pissed him off.

Why is 4 after 8?

You donā€™t go to jail for giving people the finger in Taiwan.

1 Like

So whats the worst case scenario?

Nightmares about flipping off bus drivers and being sued?

1 Like

What about assaulting a bus driver? Attempting to operate the vehicle by opening the doors. OP had a fit on the bus?

When the bus stopped, instead of walking away, OP got on, and continued to argue with the driver.

They scuffled? dude! Get a lawyer, stay off social media.

1 Like

Really? Check out this old story.

2 Likes

How much did that guy pay in the end? She victim was asking for 100k. But what did he pay. I tried to read the thread but the quotes were messed up which made it too annoying.

Criminal Code of the Republic of China - Chapter - Laws & Regulations Database of The Republic of China (Taiwan).

Sorry I mustā€™ve read the article wrong where is says clearly

Article 309

A person who publicly insults another shall be sentenced to short-term imprisonment or a fine of not more than nine thousand dollars.