Great place to buy protein powder

Another thread discussing trying to find a taipei local protien powder provider was buried and not complete. So here are the facts:

Miracle Growth International
takmg.com
Open 7 days a week from about 14:00 to 20:30.
I asked him to list his place on google maps in English, but just in case, here is a link for the location I got when I used “my location” on google maps.

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=25.03 … %20home%29

It is on Yongfu street, behind Carrefour Wanhua District. I took Ximen MRT and walked about 8 minutes to Carrefour. Or the Xioananmen MRT might be closer.

Much cheaper than online, with shipping, etc, and of course GNC which was about twice the price. They have several brands. I just bought 5 pounds for 1800 NT$.

Best of luck to all!

Costco has it, too.
As does Formosa Fitness (who posts here).

Do you have to be a member at either place?
And how much is 5 pounds of whey protein at each?
Thanks!

You don’t have to be a member to buy from us, anyone can and some do. However, we do not sell the cheapest protein you can possibly buy in Taiwan and it’s been my experience that that’s what most people who post on Forumosa seem to want. Instead, we sell the highest quality protein that I personally can find and sell here. There’s a big difference. Our whey isolate is the best tasting I’ve ever tried and I’ve tried many, plus we know exactly where our whey comes from. A lot of the cheap protein that people seem to want is mixed with soy and other fillers and the whey comes from China, where there are no standards at all. That seems to somehow fit some people’s desires but it isn’t what we’re aiming for.

I’m not trying to put people off but I need to be clear that our products are different, and that’s on purpose. Still, we’re cheaper than GNC and our quality is much higher.

If anyone is interested in trying our protein powder, we sell samples servings for only NT60 in the gym and as far as I know, we’re the only one to do that. Anyone is welcome to come in, purchase a sample and try it out.

I can second Formosa Figness’ claim to tastiness! That stuff is great!

I can’t actually remember the brand name though…rrgg.

They used to stock Biochem, I’m drinking it right now. Lipsmackingly good.
Now they’ve changed brands - not tried the new.

[quote=“Forumosamax”]I can second Formosa Figness’ claim to tastiness! That stuff is great!

I can’t actually remember the brand name though…rrgg.[/quote]
Glad you like it.

[quote=“Nuit”]They used to stock Biochem, I’m drinking it right now. Lipsmackingly good.
Now they’ve changed brands - not tried the new.

[/quote]
If you thought that was good, you should try the Eat Me! whey concentrate and isolate that we now import ourselves directly from New Zealand:

It’s grass-fed, non-GMO, and most flavors are 98-99% whey by volume – it’s about the most whey you can get in the bag while still having some flavor and some sweetness.

I stopped selling the Biochem because I found out it isn’t a pure isolate, but an isolate blend. So the amount of protein per serving isn’t as high as our current pure whey isolate. Biochem cuts their “isolate” with concentrate. So I switched brands.

This is something I do pretty often. I’m always on the lookout for the best product I can carry within a reasonable price range that people will buy (so beef isolate is out). And I’ll switch brands if I find something better. I’m really obsessed with us having access to high quality stuff here in Taiwan, which is why I don’t just carry whatever is cheapest. I figure we have enough of that in Taiwan already. :slight_smile:

I know what we’re doing is a little different from other folks so I wanted to explain our proteins a little bit. As always, we appreciate the understanding and support.

Understand the switch - I’m all for quality on the ROC!
Problem is I can’t stand the thought of cappuccino, and not that keen on chocolate either :cry:. There are plenty of other flavours out there
http://www.netrition.com/syntrax_nectar_page.html

Do you carry Vanilla Bean Torte or Strawberry Mousse?
btw, what’s your price for Nectar?

The price is NT1600 per can. I hear you on the flavors. Roadside lemonade, fuzzy navel, and Caribbean cooler are all awesome! The Nectar fruit flavors are really the best IMO. I love to have fuzzy navel in the morning since it tastes just like juice. And the Caribbean cooler is a lot like a pina colada so it’s great to kill late night munchies while watching TV. I used to drink that just for the flavor. The fact that it had protein was a bonus. But we have to stock what people want to buy and that’s usually cappuccino and chocolate. The cappuccino flavor has ruined a few people LOL. After they have that, they don’t want anything else!

I do, however, throw other flavors into the mix to see what people think. I have a can of blended protein bananas and cream on the shelf now to see how customers will respond. If the demand is there, I’ll carry it.

If you live outside of Taipei, you can order Syntrax (and others) from the US, http://www.vitacost.com/.

If you order 1 jar of 5lbs, that’s $32 plus only $6 shipping = $38. Pretty reasonable.
More than 1 jar and then the shipping starts to rock up ($20+).

Just got my Vanilla Bean Torte today :lick:, took about 2 weeks to come through, but no problem if you plan ahead.
My word, the other stuff I just got through, a 5kg bag of something like MuscleWork, was foul & dreadful stuff. Tasted like it had been cut with kitchen cleaner. I was gagging.

I think you mean 2lbs.

Formosa Fitness is now carrying BSN Syntha 6 and we’re liking it. We’re working with a local distributor so we should be constantly in stock, knock on wood.

It’s 5lbs for NT2400 and we sell samples right there at the gym so you can try it before you buy the whole thing. I don’t know anywhere else that will give you the opportunity to try the protein before you buy it.

See that jar below? It’s from [color=#008000]iHerb[/color] !

I’ve ordered bunches of foods, vitamin, herb, and sport supplements from them whilst living in Asia. Their warehouse is in California, but they ship worldwide for cheap. They have a solid reputation and have never let me down.

Shipping to Taiwan is inexpensive and relatively fast. If you order $60 - $80, DHL express is $10 or less, and your order is totally tax free. Or if you want to order less, shipping is still cheap, just takes about 10 - 14 days. Have a look at the products below, browse their site. If you decide to order, use coupon code [color=#FF0000]XAP021[/color] to save $5 - $10.

I personally prefer all natural products. And MRM Whey is my favorite.
For under 900 NTD, you can get a 2 lb. jar.

Another solid alternative is Jarrow Whey @ 2 lbs. for under 750 NTD

And if you want a pure isolate, there’s NOW WPI @ 1.8 lbs. for about about 1,130 NTD

And if you want to go big, there’s Optimum Whey Gold Standard - Natural @ 5 lbs. for about 2,350 NTD.

PM me if you have any ordering questions, and I will respond.
I don’t work for iHerb. I just think they rock, and I get a little credit if you use the coupon code.

iHerb ships to Taiwan? Why doesn’t it have traditional chinese then? Also don’t you think a $20 premium over not-the-cheapest bodybuilding.com is a little bit high? Eating actual food is cheaper than protein powder now.
bodybuilding.com/store/opt/natwhey.html

[quote=“Nuit”]If you live outside of Taipei, you can order Syntrax (and others) from the US, http://www.vitacost.com/.

If you order 1 jar of 5lbs, that’s $32 plus only $6 shipping = $38. Pretty reasonable.
More than 1 jar and then the shipping starts to rock up ($20+).

Just got my Vanilla Bean Torte today :lick:, took about 2 weeks to come through, but no problem if you plan ahead.
My word, the other stuff I just got through, a 5kg bag of something like MuscleWork, was foul & dreadful stuff. Tasted like it had been cut with kitchen cleaner. I was gagging.[/quote]

Why restricted to outside of Taipei?

As of June 2013:

5lb EAS protein at Costco = $2000
6lb Cytosport protein at Costco = $2000

5lb Dymatize protein at store on YongFu St. = $1800-2000
(store has everything for exercising…creatine, protein, glutamine…) It’s located behind the Ximending CarreFour.

5lb protein at FormosaFitness = $2400

[quote=“calitotaiwan”]As of June 2013:

(store has everything for exercising…creatine, protein, glutamine…) It’s located behind the Ximending CarreFour.

5lb protein at FormosaFitness = $2400[/quote]

We aren’t Costco and no we can’t compete on price. We sell to folks who, unlike you, enjoy supporting people who are bringing quality fitness to Taiwan. Our protein is higher quality than the ones you quoted as being cheaper and that matters to some people. In fact, i feed it to my kids. The cheap crap from China that you compare our protein to is stuff I wouldn’t give my dog but it’s fine for people that only want the cheapest price.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”][quote=“calitotaiwan”]As of June 2013:

5lb protein at FormosaFitness = $2400[/quote]

We aren’t Costco and no we can’t compete on price. We sell to folks who, unlike you, enjoy supporting people who are bringing quality fitness to Taiwan. Our protein is higher quality than the ones you quoted as being cheaper and that matters to some people. In fact, i feed it to my kids. The cheap crap from China that you compare our protein to is stuff I wouldn’t give my dog but it’s fine for people that only want the cheapest price.[/quote]

I posted my message so people know what choices are available to them. I’m not sure why you had to take this personally. You should be happy I included you in the choices.

btw, I go to a gym (not yours cuz it’s overpriced) 3 days a week and I swim 3000m 3 times a week. I doubt your fitness club members have my endurance or my strength. So I am quality fitness.

What cheap crap from China? My Dymatize Whey Protein Isolate was $1900 (that’s $500 less than formosafitness protein) and it is made in the US. So, you need to research before you talk about things
you know nothing about. Is that how you train your clients too? wow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I’ve always bought my protein powder at Costco. It’s good quality for a cheap price, can’t beat that. I’ve never really understood why some people value the more expensive nutritional supplements. I’m no expert, but I’ve read many a study that shows they are all more or less about the same minus a few obviously bad choices. So really it’s mostly just price point.

I think that Syntha stuff has a good reputation and your price seems very reasonable considering shipping and smaller quantity etc… But to suggest that you wouldn’t even feed the Costco stuff to your dog? You have to admit, that does sound a little bit like “the health industry” talking doesn’t it?

Of course just my :2cents:

Your intent is very clear. You’re a hater and haters are going to hate.

We’ve been happily serving the Taiwan fitness community for over four years now and in that time, thousands of satisfied customers have come through the gym. I also just spent the last 10 days personally training and certifying 120+ trainers at Taiwan’s largest gym chain so obviously the value of our goods and services is well known to a lot of people who appreciate them.

I’ll let that record stand on it’s own.

Best place to buy ALL exercise supplements in Taiwan:

www.takmg.com

Store is located behind CarreFour in Ximending.