Great place to buy protein powder

Your intent is very clear. You’re a hater and haters are going to hate.[/quote]

LOL. Let’s not forget that YOU are the person that made a personal attack on me because I posted information about stores that sell protein. People can see that from reading prior posts.

So, I don’t need to meet you to find out about your character. Clearly you’re just rude and ignorant.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”][quote=“calitotaiwan”]As of June 2013:

5lb EAS protein at Costco = $2000
6lb Cytosport protein at Costco = $2000

5lb Dymatize protein at store on YongFu St. = $1800-2000
(store has everything for exercising…creatine, protein, glutamine…) It’s located behind the Ximending CarreFour.

5lb protein at FormosaFitness = $2400[/quote]

We aren’t Costco and no we can’t compete on price. We sell to folks who, unlike you, enjoy supporting people who are bringing quality fitness to Taiwan. Our protein is higher quality than the ones you quoted as being cheaper and that matters to some people. In fact, i feed it to my kids. The cheap crap from China that you compare our protein to is stuff I wouldn’t give my dog but it’s fine for people that only want the cheapest price.[/quote]

Whoa…that is just rude. I am surprised by your reaction after reading a few of your posts since you are business owner that would like to seek more clients. I’d understand if you were a forum sponsor and he craps on your thread, but he was merely offering another source.

I am confused. Are you saying Cytosport protein is of low quality? I buy the same stuff here in Vegas (much cheaper at $49.99 USD due to no shipping/tariffs) and it’s made in the US. Unless you know something that I don’t about where Cyto source their whey from.

You’re apparently new here. We have sponsored Forumosa in the past and I have personally answered hundreds of questions here. So i don’t much appreciate it when someone like Calitotaiwan tells people our goods and services are ripoffs. He made that clear here:

And with his comparison of our prices to Costco’s. Seriously – Costco, one of the largest retailers on earth.

As to protein, just because something is assembled in the US doesn’t mean that all the constituent parts come from the US.

If you have a protein source or gym you like, that’s fine. But that doesn’t mean we’re ripping people off and I’ll speak out against that when it suits me to do so.

BTW, here’s a nice review that i got in a PM this week:

[quote](the protein) arrived safe and sound and as promised, it’s delicious! I actually mix it with ice, sugar-free yoghurt, and bananas and it makes a divine smoothie. No need to guess what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks again for everything! I can’t see it lasting very long; you’ll likely be hearing from me again soon! [/quote] Thanks to her and the other folks that enjoy our products and services. We’re here for people like you.

Formosa Fitness isn’t a rip off. It has kettlebells and lots of other exercise equipment that I was interested in. I visited FF a couple months ago and didn’t join cuz the cost felt a little high for me. I liked what they had but I wasn’t a fan of their price or hours. I do think it’s a good gym, but I need a pool too. FF is different than most gyms so you should take a look at it. Personally, I chose to go to a Sports Center in the city instead, but a mate likes FF. So, take a look.

As far as protein goes… Living in Taiwan, we have less options and need to know what’s out there. I have shopped around and I am very happy with what I found and hoped that people would like to hear about it. There are good choices out there, you just need to know where to go.

I recommend: Costco, FormosaFitness, and takmg.com. Pick what’s best for you.

[quote=“calitotaiwan”]Formosa Fitness isn’t a rip off. It has kettlebells and lots of other exercise equipment that I was interested in. I visited FF a couple months ago and didn’t join cuz the cost felt a little high for me. I liked what they had but I wasn’t a fan of their price or hours. I do think it’s a good gym, but I need a pool too. FF is different than most gyms so you should take a look at it. Personally, I chose to go to a Sports Center in the city instead, but a mate likes FF. So, take a look.

As far as protein goes… Living in Taiwan, we have less options and need to know what’s out there. I have shopped around and I am very happy with what I found and hoped that people would like to hear about it. There are good choices out there, you just need to know where to go.

I recommend: Costco, FormosaFitness, and takmg.com. Pick what’s best for you.[/quote]

Sorry we couldn’t meet your needs. It happens. i designed the business plan and hours to meet as much of our target market as i could but it can’t cover everything. Glad you found a place that suits you and hope your friend is reaching his goals at our place.

I’m a vegan bodybuilder and ordered Brown Rice protein Isolate manufactured by Growing Naturals from iherb.com. Arrived in 5 days to my door in Taipei. Super cheap shipping. Dunno how they do it. They carry every protein and supplement imaginable. So if you can’t find what you want here… Try I iherb.com. I ordered five things at once and shipping was $10 (us dollars)

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk 2

You have any Isopure - 100% protein no carbs - equiv? Or will I have to go to costco.

It’s really hard to find protein without some Carbs. I believe I saw some that was like 22g protein and 3g carbs. Typically I buy a whey protein with low carbs and one with higher carbs plus more Casein.
Check out this website:
pcstore.com.tw/takmg/

pcstore.com.tw/takmg/M13093699.htm

I bought a bag at Costco this year. Wondering why it was so sweet when it was “sugar free”, I checked the ingredients. Wondering what the sucralose in it was, I googled it. It’s an artificial sweetener. Sucralose is classed under “Caution” category by the consumer advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest, with the note “May pose a risk and needs to be better tested. Try to avoid”. (Wikipedia).

I take protein powder to make my body strong and healthy, not load it with artificial ingredients that could possibly harm it.
Checking the ingredients for the Syntrax nectar flavor mentioned above, I see it is not only sweetened with sucralose, but includes artificial flavors and synthetic petroleum based food coloring.
I hope that’s not the highest quality on the ROC.

I threw out the Costco bag and did some research.
The company Wisdom Proteins produces Proserum, a whey protein concentrate from grass-fed cow’s milk that is GMO-free, hormone-treatment-free, pesticide and chemical-free and undergoes minimal processing.
wellwisdom.com/proserum-gras … ncentrate/
Other companies brand Proserum under their own label, which can be found at iHerb and Vitacost: Vital Whey, Mercola, and even Bulletproof sells Proserum.
I bought an unflavored, sweetener free version through iHerb, Natural Factors Whey Protein. $29 US for 2 lbs.
Expected it to be hard to choke down, but it is surprisingly creamy and delicious even without the artificial flavors, colors, and sweeteners.

As pictured above, purchased a bag yesterday:
6lb Cytosport protein at Costco = $1999
They are the same or associated with the makers of Muscle Milk. Muscle Milk was huge in USA Market.
Mixes very easily, first tried in a glass of cold water.

Taste, I can’t complain. I checked allot of reviews before purchase, and they all seem very positive. Price is crazy high, but its 6Lbs, this should last at-least 2 months with heavy use.
Bring on the protein farts.

My local Costco (Taichung) has stopped selling the 6lb Cytosport protein bag. Now only have EAS jars (worse value and doesn’t mix as well) and some overpriced cans of protein drink.

Not sure if this is a stock issue or it’s being withdrawn; can anyone confirm that their Costco still sells it?

Thx for the info, guys
Exactly what i needed

My Costco now stocks this new Combat protein powder, to replace the Cytosport one.

Made in the USA, 65 servings per container. Got some good reviews too:

bodybuilding.com/store/muscl … ombat.html

aphasiac which costco is that ?

Taichung! I’m sure this will be nationwide soon.

I bought a jar btw, it tastes great (though v sweet)! Also mixes with cold water very easily, easier than the cytosport musclemilk stuff.

Yahoo Bid and PCStore have protein cheaper than Costco. I got a 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition whey for about NT$4000.

I got a jug of the Costco Combat cookies and cream protein powder recently. Stuff tastes pretty horrible. Liked it the first few time, but now I think it’s gross. Mutant Whey and ON are much better.

so did some research, there are many sources from where to buy egg whites cheaply

in other countries costco sells them, but not here unfortunately. but, these are quite expensive anyway. the farmers here are much cheaper.

do yourself a favor and dont rely on estrogen producing protein powders, use what real bodybuilders etc use

What? Any evidence for that?!

Why? No one on this forum is a profession bodybuilder. Powder is cheap and convenient and tasty.

Your post smacks of elitism / superiority; more useful would be to break down how to use egg whites and the costs per day etc, then everyone can decide for themselves if it makes sense.

Believe me, it goes far beyond elitism / superiority. I caught a glimpse of another thread he started and let’s just say his issues are eye opening.

Back on topic, there’s nothing wrong with protein powders if you know what you’re buying. Yes there are many crappy products on the market, but that’s true of almost everything. There are plenty of bodybuilders, in fact i’d say most bodybuilders make protein powders part of their daily routine. You can just go on Youtube and watch real competition body builders (not guys who cry about not getting laid in Taiwan) laying out their daily meals and all of them include powders at some point or another. Of course protein from real food is the best source and people should always try to get it from food first, but that’s not realistic for some people. Powders can be an important part of the diet, just don’t go overboard on them. The old, everything in moderation. For most people, 30 grams of protein powder a day could be a nice addition to their diet.

I can’t wait to try the cookies and cream one. Has anybody been to the Neihu Costco recently and checked whether they have it or not?