Great place to buy protein powder

Of course heynow is so wrong about so many things, Brent. He’s mixing up whey protein powder with soy protein powder. Soy protein (or more precisely, isoflavones) inducing estrogen levels in men is old, old news.

I’ve used a good deal of whey for a decade and a half and while some of the incredible gains I’ve made may have been due to a placebo effect or just simply training harder since I was spending the money on whey, it certainly hasn’t hurt me and the T levels are more than fine.

Do you know where your whey protein comes from?

Just cos its packaged in the USA doesn’t mean its made in the USA.

I believe a large part comes from Ireland (which also produces a lot of infant formula)but it could also be coming in from New Zealand or even China. Some of it is also produced from US derived milk I am sure. But trusting ‘made in the USA’ is a bit of a joke.

I’ve worked with the manufacturers of proteins worldwide (not for food though), it’s a global supply chain.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Do you know where your whey protein comes from?

Just cos its packaged in the USA doesn’t mean its made in the USA.

I believe a large part comes from Ireland (which also produces a lot of infant formula)but it could also be coming in from New Zealand or even China. Some of it is also produced from US derived milk I am sure. But trusting ‘made in the USA’ is a bit of a joke.

I’ve worked with the manufacturers of proteins worldwide (not for food though), it’s a global supply chain.[/quote]
Who you talking to, Willis?

EDIT Ah, it’s aphasiac you’re talking to. Quoting is your friend.

Its called the generic you.

Not everything is about you you know.

Yeah you.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Its called the generic you.

Yeah you.[/quote]

Ah, of course… how disingenuous of you.

Certainly I didn’t think it was about me or Brent or the last couple of posters. Indeed, there was no obvious clue or context it was in reference to any semi-recent post. Just a random factoid spewed out that served no particular purpose, and thus I was curious, but too lazy to go back a page or two to do the work that so normally is rendered unnecessary by the poster hitting “Quote.” Here’s another random factoid for you though - I like milk. I do. It’s yummy. And, get this, it comes from cows. Some of these cows are from Ireland, New Zealand, and even from China.

So all this begs the question then, why the hell would you think we, the generic we of course, give a damn or not if the protein powder comes from the Grand Ol’ Almighty, God Fearing, U.S. of Eh?

Yeehah!

[quote=“Taipan1975”][quote=“headhonchoII”]Its called the generic you.

Yeah you.[/quote]

Ah, of course… how disingenuous of you.

Certainly I didn’t think it was about me. Indeed, there was no obvious clue or context it was in reference to any semi-recent post. Just a random factoid spewed out that served no particular purpose, and thus I was curious, but too lazy to go back and a page or two to do the work that so normally is rendered unnecessary by the poster hitting “Quote.” Here’s another random factoid for you though - I like milk. I do. It’s yummy. And, get this, it comes from cows. Some of these cows are even from Ireland, New Zealand, and even from China.

So all this begs the question then, why the hell would you think we, the generic we of course, give a damn or not if the protein powder comes from the Grand Ol’ Almight, God Fearing, U.S. of Eh?

Yeehah![/quote]

Cos if YOUSE read the thread, YE will see that there were some comments as to the source earlier. FF mentioned that just because it’s Made in the USA it doesn’t mean the protein didn’t come from China in the first place. I think that’s a fact worth repeating for YIZZER all.
Food labelling confusion is a pet hate of MOINE.

I think it goes without saying that people should do some research on the products they are buying regardless of whether it’s protein powder, baby formula, or golf clubs :sunglasses: There’s no doubt bad protein powder is just bad, duh. But the blanket statement from Mr. pro tip Heynow that “real” bodybuilders don’t use powder is just a display of ignorance. I’ve personally never seen a bodybuilder diet that didn’t include some powder at some point or another. If for no other reason than it’s a cost effective way to get their daily needs.

HH you’re absolutely right though, labeling something made in the USA is often times not nearly as accurate as it should be. Maybe the label itself was printed in the USA and that’s good enough for the industry standards?

I know I’m derailing the topic but I’ll just wrap it up with a personal anecdote. I was at the supermarket earlier and there was a classic example of this ‘food origin confusion’. There was a brand of honey marketed as Taiwan Feng Kang Yunlin Honey, it comes with SGS data to confirm it’s supposed purity etc, all good, better quality than the watery sugary rubbish they used to sell. Of course anybody who knows anything about honey will know that it’s not easy to produce industrially or in large quantities in a small country like Taiwan. They even marketed it as an ‘Yunlin special product’ because it’s processed in a factory in Yunlin. I doubt it’s possible that Yunlin has enough honey to supply all of a major city in Taiwan let alone the whole island of Taiwan. They certainly couldn’t sell it at 300-400 NTD for Kg of the stuff and make a profit either.

I also talked to a farmer approved by the farming association in Miaoli this weekend who claimed he was producing all his own longyan and lychee honey. Okay I could believe longyan just about but lychee is not a common tree in Miaoli. It also happened that that farmer was reselling other products imported from Thailand at his stand. Hmmmmm.

Finally there is another very famous Honey brand in Gukeng. They market their honey as Taiwan honey also, they have the hives outside the place, surrounded by orange blossom fields etc, but if you check the labelling you’ll find the vast majority is imported from Thailand.

I wouldn’t mind if they announced that it came from Thailand, there’s no reason Taiwan’s honey will be better anyway, but don’t lie to the consumer! :fume:

In lots of countries this isn’t even legally considered lying either, as long as they mix in a few % of local product, or do a bit of processing, they can claim it’s ‘Made Here’.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]I wouldn’t mind if they announced that it came from Thailand, there’s no reason Taiwan’s honey will be better anyway, but don’t lie to the consumer! :fume:

In lots of countries this isn’t even legally considered lying either, as long as they mix in a few % of local product, or do a bit of processing, they can claim it’s ‘Made Here’.[/quote]

Good points.

We’re directly importing a small, high quality brand from New Zealand for just these reasons. The cows are right there, the whey is produced, mixed and bagged right there, and then sent directly to us. I feel confident enough on the quality to give it to my pregnant wife.

As for the MP stuff, here are a couple of interesting links.
There are apparently 65g of ingredients in each 35g scoop, making this protein somehow defy the laws of physics.
romanoroberts.com.mx/sixty-five- … ram-scoop/

And MP is in hot water over some bait and switch on ingredients:
romanoroberts.com.mx/bb-com-foru … esident-0/

dbl post

if I said whey protein then I mean whey protein

the idea that soy raises estrogen levels is an antiquated idea. it does nothing of the sort

many tests reveal high levels of metals. these metals increases estrogen significantly in addition to causing negative health effects over time. these products are not fda approved and unless they are made by excellent standards (for example nuskin uses only high quality vegetable protein) which none are, then their material is shipped from china where it was sitting in a metal drum for 6 months

supplements companies have been found over and over and fined over and over for adding seriously bad unlisted shit to their product eg. amphetamines, steroids, etc

absorption rates egg whites are godly. you will actually absorb most of the protein in the egg whites. only advantage to good quality protein powder which is expensive as fuck is it digests much faster than anything else, but still only a much lesser amount is absorbed.

yeah they dont have it fatty
im pretty sure
actually i will check for you

The idea that soy ISOFLAVONES raises estrogen is antiquated?

Whooboy… Obviously any debate with you would be a waste of good knowledge.

Guys and gals,
I’m proud to announce that we’re helping to expand the whey protein options available in Taiwan. We’re now the sole distributor for Eat Me supplements from New Zealand. Starting today, we’re selling Premium Protein (whey concentrate) and their Lean Shake (whey isolate). Both are non-GMO and the whey comes from grass-fed sources. The whey is produced, mixed and packaged right in New Zealand and then shipped to us. So it hasn’t been sitting on a shelf somewhere for months and this was as direct from the source as we could get.

I want to emphasize that this isn’t the cheapest whey you can possibly get. We are going for the highest quality at the best price and I think we’ve succeeded. For example, the actual whey content of the concentrate for most flavors is 98%. The bare minimum of flavoring and sweetener is used and there are only 5-6 ingredients rather than 15-20. But you’re paying for protein anyway, right? So the sweetness is much less than typical American brands. If a stronger flavor is desired, the whey can be consumed with milk.

And these are not blends, which some companies use to maximize profit. 100% of the protein in the bag is from concentrate in the Premium or from isolate in the Lean Shake. Some companies are using cheaper glutamine and other aminos to spike the protein levels artificially but we aren’t doing anything like that.

We have samples available at a low cost at the gym so come on down and try it out if this sounds interesting to you. We also ship around Taiwan for minimal cost. Thanks!

@formosafitness
Do you only have samples at the gym or can I buy full bags there? (i’m coming in this saturday for the kettlebell seminar)

@ Forumosa Fitness: What would be the procedure to follow if I’d like to place an order? I’m in Hsinchu.

[quote=“best_intentions”]@formosafitness
Do you only have samples at the gym or can I buy full bags there? (I’m coming in this saturday for the kettlebell seminar)[/quote]
Oh, sorry! Didn’t mean to give that impression. :sunglasses:
We have full bags available for sure. The pic above is from our gym and we’re fully stocked. We have vanilla, chocolate, and banana flavors for the concentrate and vanilla and chocolate for the isolate.
Thanks for signing up for our kettlebell seminar. I hope you enjoy it. Hopefully I’ll see you there!

Hi! We ship directly from the gym. The procedure would be to decide how many bags and what flavors you want, then pay via ATM transfer from any Taiwan bank account, then send us via email your order and address (preferably in Chinese if you have it) plus your cell number in case you aren’t there when the delivery guys shows up, and then we can ship it to you. We have a fast turn around time after we confirm the payment and the shipping is usually just NT100 more. You should get your protein in 1-2 days.

Our email address is: admin"at"formosafitness.com Send us an email and we give you the bank account numbers and stuff.
Thanks!!

I often order Whey Protein from well.pk they ship globally.

I would recommend you ON Whey Protein

Its a 5 Pound Jar Only 2720 NTD :wink:

Some public sports centers have quick fix multiple options including pea protein, yogurt, even saki for some pain relief :wink: