Group date dilemma and where to go to eat and who/what to pay

I’m just pointing out there’s no virtue in being a vegetarian. If you eat less at a split the bill event it’s tough shit. Split the bill means what it means. Morning about not eating as much, getting someone to pay for your share… these are not signs of respect or love for the other members of the group either. It’s passive aggressive whining.

Being serious for a moment, I applaud your efforts, Explant. I know you also try to grow your own food and good on you for that, buddy.

2 Likes

You think that’s bad? You should try limiting yourself to the vegan places!

Guy

1 Like

Ya, no question. I cook more at home now that I dont eat meat. my health and bank account has improved. not because meat is bad, but marketing scams are bad and being vegan doesnt actually cost as much as we often assume. it just requires way more thought on food because it is essentially a controlled limiting of key natural ingredients that need to be made up elsewhere.

I think many people converge ethical/sustainable/organic/healthy and whatever else into vegan, so it is expensive. if i ate ethical grassfed beef steaks raised I taiwan properly and morally, it would make vegan prices look like lunch box prices 20 years ago :innocent:

tofu is like 13ntfor a brick, and vegan. there are multiple reasons for a fad or fashion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see this also with older people mostly, the brother (male) has more rights than the sister and is not shy about it. Younger generation will not accept this way

2 Likes