Guanxi Lottery

Hey Gus, I transferred G$100 to username “karma_lottery” in the olden days. You can verify this in the karma transfers:

262 gus karma_lottery G$ 6 29 Nov 2002 16:08
263 hexuan karma_lottery G$ 20 30 Nov 2002 04:25
264 monkey karma_lottery G$ 100 01 Dec 2002 21:46
265 Taiwan Beer karma_lottery G$ 90 06 Dec 2002 06:27

I notice karma_lottery now has only G$4. Someone raided the account and stole the money! Can I have the G$100 back to enter into the new lottery?

Cheers! :smiley:

I took care of it. Good Luck! :sunglasses:

Cheers Maoman … if you can rig the lottery in my favor, I’ll split the proceeds with ya … :wink:

When we switched from Karma to Guanxi, there was a one-to-one exchange rate 1 G$ = 1 K$, But the value of Karma has dropped due it not being used any more, so now 1 G$ = 25 K$

Congratulations, monkey,

It seems you won the first lottery
(uh, Maoman? Can you give me a call when you see this?)

Did it credit you properly? There were 13 tickets sold, so the winnings come to G$ 1,150

Can we see a replay of the lottery drawing? I purchased more than one ticket and still lost with better than 1:13 odds. I think somebody was “monkeying” around with the balls.

Thanks, I’m now the proud owner of another G$ 1,150. I think this is the first lottery I’ve ever won. Shame it’s not real US$. :smiley:

Don’t forget my kickback now, Monkey. A deal’s a deal…

I do hope the G$ bank didn’t collapse when I withdrew my fortune. Shouldn’t there be a chop for the richest poster? A “high-roller” chop maybe?

How many tickets did you buy, monkey? Did Maoman eat the other tickets?

Last week’s winner: monkey (again??!?)
This week’s pot: G$900
Time remaining: 22.7675 hours

How many times has monkey won compared to everyone else ? Just how many tickets does he buy ? He can certainly afford to buy enough to ensure he wins. Why should anyone else bother to play ?

Good point. I’m rigging the lottery settings to allow users to purchase just one ticket. This should guarantee people an equal chance.

Surely to ensure that I’d win, I’d have to purchase “all” of them. The more tickets you buy, the greater the odds of winning, but the greater the risk of losing the investment … I don’t get preferential treatment. Christ, there are some sore losers around! You’d think this was real money or something :unamused:

Let me rephrase that - He can buy enough to ruin the fun for everyone else. My last question still stands - Why should anyone else bother playing ?

[color=red]Have you bought your lottery ticket yet? Why not? With everyone limited to one - only one - ticket, the lottery is affordable and available to all! Get filthy rich in guanxi lucre - instantly! Impress your friends! No longer is the Guanxi Lottery the exclusive domain of high-flying simian millionaires - now everybody’s got the same odds.[/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to buy yours today! [/color]
:laughing:

This is bogus. I clicked on a ticket AFTER Monkey won, paying my guanxi, and I now see that the last winner was Monkey. Unless he won twice in a row, I got screwed out of my guanxi for a draw that never was.
BEWARE!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Read the thread. ~sigh~ :unamused: It is because of the fact that a winner can use his accumulated winnings to buy the majority of tickets for the next drawing, thus ensuring that he not only wins back the guanxi he spent but also the base pool of 500 guanxi plus the guanxi spent by others on lottery tickets, that we changed the settings to allow each person only one ticket, instead of the previous multiple-ticket option. Monkey still has a chance to win, but with the same odds as anyone else.

Stop being such a knee-jerk grump. :wink:

[quote=“Maoman”]It is because of the fact that a winner can use his accumulated winnings to buy the majority of tickets for the next drawing, thus ensuring that he not only wins back the guanxi he spent but also the base pool of 500 guanxi plus the guanxi spent by others on lottery tickets, that we changed the settings to allow each person only one ticket, instead of the previous multiple-ticket option. Monkey still has a chance to win, but with the same odds as anyone else.

Stop being such a knee-jerk grump. :wink:[/quote]
I bought one or at the most 2 lottery tickets last time … I assume you guys can see how many tickets people bought. Stick to facts, not to the witless assumptions made by some posters on this site. :laughing:

Really? Only one or two tickets? Well done! Actually, we can’t see who bought tickets, only how many were bought in total.

I still think going from multiple tickets to single tickets is a good idea, because it will keep winners from “beating” the system, or in your case, keep Lady Luck from bestowing disproportionate blessings… :wink: :laughing: