Guitar repair and shop services

They have staff and an organizational structure. They likely have or hire photographers to take photographs. This appears to be a fairly organized operation.

My shop is basically I’ll equipped for photos. Absolutely everything gets covered in dust.

1 Like

I suggest taking a trip to a nearby park and using some trees, grass etc as a backdrop. Late afternoon an hour before sunset is considered to be the “golden hour” for nice lighting.

That’s a good suggestion. To be specific and avoid confusion, it’s also worth noting that it would be better to prop the guitar up against a tree or something attractive to look at, rather than a garbage can or public urinal…

3 Likes

You have to get creative on a lower budget. We did that when we started and couldn’t afford a photographer. They weren’t good looking back compared to what we do today but it was good enough.

I also think a huge mistake small businesses make is try to make themselves look like something more than they are. People actually understand you’re a small business and appreciate that. It’s authentic.

5 Likes

The plan is to take it to say Taipei 101, where there is a fake garden on the 4th floor, and that is a good backdrop to make any sort of photograph…

It’s also air conditioned which helps massively.

2 Likes

Take a lot of them. Try different ideas and play around.

To back and pick the ones you like. For every 100 photos we maybe used 2-3 of them at the end.

That and the lighting at the Taipei 101 is much better, along with natural lighting from the ceiling windows.

The lighting at my shop is simply terrible.

Not a bad idea either. Anything but a messy floor/unmade bed, I don’t think you realize how much this kind of thing can put people off in product photos.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Your Facebook page - what you’ve said is your business page - has 9 posts this year and 7 last year. None in Chinese.

7 Likes