Guitars available for pre order

I’m not even sure I can get blackwood at all. All rosewood is on CITES and so getting them will become more expensive as time goes on. I believe an exception is made for musical instruments.

1 Like

Definitely. Yes, there are now exceptions for musical instruments , but I don’t see how Rosewood would depreciate, it’s going to appreciate.

Custom inlaid headstock veneers available on every guitar.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: From guitar

Can you do different finishes?
Always liked black:

Sure, I can paint the guitar any color you want.

You will lose many clients with this kind of actitutte. Just to give you some examples of Martin black guitars. Many people use black guitars or sunburst.

2 Likes

I can paint your guitar into any color, and I’ll have to mask off the binding too. The mahogany guitar in particular will be painted with a sunburst top because of the stain on the upper bout.

I think black looks great.

Maybe like a black ink that keeps the grain visible? I think that would be pretty hot.

Sure, looks especially good with figured maple. Very labor intensive to do though (means it won’t be cheap).

Like this?

2 Likes

Yea, that’s it. It’s very labor intensive. You would stain it once, sand it, then stain it again and again. You do this to make the grain pop. It only looks good with figured light colored wood such as figured maple. Don’t do this with any other wood, it will look blotchy. But that’s probably ok for certain looks. Binding must be masked off and scrapped.

I charge extra for this kind of finish.

I prefer dark finishes to the traditional finishes on acoustic guitars. Probably because the traditional finishes are ubiquitous:
A nice dark brown:

Would you prefer a rustic stained spruce look, kinda like how those rustic/old furniture looks?

Or simply black tinted lacquer sprayed over unstained spruce?

I can apply this towards any of these guitars but I can’t change the rosette, so think carefully about how it will match… I personally don’t think herringbone goes well with black.

I think the first wood looks really good. The matte finish is classy.

Are you still looking for work?

Could you teach me how to make one of these? I’d pay you by the hour, of course.

You have tons of hardware skills… so you’d know how to make the seal right, etc.

That dude has a good tone.

2 Likes

I guess I can try… but the problem is I have zero experience in woodwind instruments. So I wouldn’t know the first thing about how to make it sound good. It looks like a saxaphone mouth piece attached to a PVC pipe.

That’s exactly what it is…

The issue is:

• How is he making those holes, and how is he calculating where to put them?
  • How are they attaching and getting a good seal?

You probably have all the tools at your workplace. I might be around on Saturday afternoon if my student doesn’t cancel. I can pay you for 3 hours work if you want it.

Let me know if that’s convenient.

1 Like

Sure, that will work. Just know my location has changed.

Please PM me your nearest MRT stop.

Do you want to talk about the project in this thread? It might show your hardware skills and keep the thread bumped.

If you don’t want non-guitar talk or PVC sax projects here, we can move to my music thread, I don’t mind. Let me know.

2 Likes