Guys with high IQ vs high education: which is sexier?

i’ve always wondered about this. are women turned off by really high IQ brains like bill gates? i’ve heard that women don’t like a guy who is smarter than her. they like high EDUCATION because it shows that you work hard to achieve something and are a finisher not a quitter, etc etc and will make a good salary, etc etc.

does high IQ equal geek to women? do women want a guy who can’t figure them out?

PS: just stating: i tested upper 2% for all 14 year olds in the US. ladee da. i don’t care about it. i just wanted to mention this as background.

Like it’s EVER been an issue.

I just like guys with hot bodies.

Guys with firm bottoms. Such as me.

Nobody wishes to hear about your poos, BFM.

I’d like a second opinion! :stuck_out_tongue:

i don’t want a second opinion. i’m a narcissist with information bias. what feeds my ego is allowed in. what negates it is filtered out.

oh what a tangled web we weave,

when first we practice to decieve…ourselves

Guys who have a high IQ and are not socially/emotionally dysfunctional are attractive.

Guys who are highly educated are attractive because they make more money.

Though it usually takes some amount of intelligence to become highly educated.

Women whose sole purpose on earth is to watch TV and buy clothes probably would prefer the latter, with or without the intelligence bit.

Women who are also intelligent would probably prefer both or the first.

Having a high IQ is great, but it’s pretty useless unless the brain power is used towards constructive matters.

All wrong, guy with money

Where’s the option for GUY WITH A BIG . . .

TRUCK?

[quote=“theposter”]
PS: just stating: i tested upper 2% for all 14 year olds in the US. ladee da. i don’t care about it. i just wanted to mention this as background.[/quote]

Congrats, theposter. You’re as smart as a really smart 14-year-old kid. You should really take a test that reflects your age though. :wink:

I find that intelligence is better when paired with a good education. It isn’t that it HAS to be a University education, but it usually is.
There are plenty of “smart” people out there with bad grammar (ARG!!) who use bad punctuation (double ARG!) who think incredibly stupid things (really really ARG!) because the only true “smart” they have is IQ.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“theposter”]
PS: just stating: i tested upper 2% for all 14 year olds in the US. ladee da. i don’t care about it. i just wanted to mention this as background.[/quote]

Congrats, theposter. You’re as smart as a really smart 14-year-old kid. You should really take a test that reflects your age though. :wink:[/quote]

That’s my thought exactly…

Or the original poster must have drunk away a few cells too many… Or that intelligence tests don’t indicate a persons level of daftness.

What kind of person needs to ask this question publicly? A bored one…? Me, I’m high on cough medicine right now, which is why I’m even looking at this in the first place.

Do women prefer guys with a high I.Q. to guys with a high education? Thats your question? What does it even mean?

Women like guys who satisfy their needs in some way, be those needs shallow or deep. And men like women for the same reasons. (Let’s not get too deep. I have a low I.Q.)

Sorry to be so direct but this question appears dumb to me, and it’s dumbosity has stunned me and here I am posting about it. Like a tractor beam of dumbness.

Maybe women will find my dumbness attractive. I couldn’t fix a washing machine. Any takers?

I’d like a second opinion! :p[/quote]

No I think that test was taken recently…damn everyone beat me to the punch

You think that university education makes you better at grammar and punctuation? Think again! I had to edit articles from people with BAs, MAs, doctorates - you name it - and I can tell you that their academic prowess is not reflected in their writing ability.

If you had a high IQ, you would know that. :smiley:

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I find that intelligence is better when paired with a good education. It isn’t that it HAS to be a University education, but it usually is.
There are plenty of “smart” people out there with bad grammar (ARG!!) who use bad punctuation (double ARG!) who think incredibly stupid things (really really ARG!) because the only true “smart” they have is IQ.[/quote]

I honestly hope SuchAFob would stop whining about other posters’ punctuation and grammar! At least until she sorted out her own.

[quote=“Anubis”]
I honestly hope SuchAFob would stop whining about other posters’ punctuation and grammar! At least until she sorted out her own.[/quote]

‘wish’?

You think that university education makes you better at grammar and punctuation? Think again! I had to edit articles from people with BAs, MAs, doctorates - you name it - and I can tell you that their academic prowess is not reflected in their writing ability.

If you had a high IQ, you would know that. :smiley:[/quote]
Yeah. Take a look and my spilling, grandma and punchuation for example.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Anubis”]
I honestly hope SuchAFob would stop whining about other posters’ punctuation and grammar! At least until she sorted out her own.[/quote]

‘wish’?[/quote]

No, not ‘wish’, ‘hope’. It is likely, isn’t it?

If you had a high IQ, you would know that. :smiley:[/quote]

You’re right. Spelling and grammar should be perfected by the time one enters senior high school.

But you’re wrong, in that her IQ isn’t what would lead her to know anything at all. Its education that would tell her that.

[quote=“superking”] Sorry to be so direct but this question appears dumb to me, and it’s dumbosity has stunned me and here I am posting about it. Like a tractor beam of dumbness.
[/quote]

The never ending repetitive nature of these ruminations brings comfort to some blistered souls, like snot plastered on the window pane over a period of years, and allowed to freeze, hues of green and the odd bit of smegmum. This of course is ripped directly off of frank zappa but what does he care, he’s dead, and will be for a long time. It’s warm outside and posting here is exhausting vital energies that could be directed with more vigor elsewhere.