Guys with high IQ vs high education: which is sexier?

Yeah well you’ve all missed the point.

You see, if you really, really want to be a sexy pantsman, well if you’re clever, you would be. The question was a tricky one.

HG

You think that university education makes you better at grammar and punctuation? Think again! I had to edit articles from people with BAs, MAs, doctorates - you name it - and I can tell you that their academic prowess is not reflected in their writing ability.

If you had a high IQ, you would know that. :smiley:[/quote]

You’re right. Spelling and grammar should be perfected by the time one enters senior high school.

But you’re wrong, in that her IQ isn’t what would lead her to know anything at all. Its education that would tell her that.[/quote]

I didn’t learn that in academia (who would), so now you’re wrong. :raspberry:

[quote]
I didn’t learn that in academia (who would), so now you’re wrong. [/quote]

That’s what I meant when I said "It isn’t that it HAS to be a University education, … " I know a few people who have not completed Uni who I would not call “poorly educated” and I also know some who have who many people WOULD call such.
There are many things you don’t learn in Academia that ARE signs of being well educated. Education doesn’t always have to come from a structured atmosphere.

i took the test WHEN i was 14!

anyway, how is it that Fred Flinstone is able to keep Wilma? i means the guy is totally moronic and sexist, yet Wilma loves him. i’m perplexed by this.

also why does Lucy love what’s his name , Shroeder so much? is it because he totally ignores her? is it the same for Sally and Linus?

i know they’re all cartoons,… but are they? these examples had to come from somewhere.

look at spiderman. he’s totally fucked up but what’s her face loves him because he’s always leaving so soon.

so i’ve come to the conclusion that women would rather have a guy that can fix a sink than a guy who can solve equations.

that’s the market. if you’re not that, the market pretty much says fuck you.

these women don’t play. they’re dead serious about the kind of guy they want. no mercy. they’d rather see you go to jail for stalking than admit that they may have led you on initially but later were turned off by some percieved weakness they saw in you. it’s THEIR game and you have to play it to win. if you’re not cool, act cool.

better to make them cry for you.
all those TV shows where the guy busts his ass to get her love are written for women’s pleasure. in real life, they’ll have you thrown in jail.

cool always wins. always. sadly.

just as banks don’t loan money to people who really need it, women don’t love men who really need it. it’s not a charity. you’d better be top shit if you wanna have a a wife. no weakness. no ying yang “i match your weakness with my strength and vice versa”. you must be all that and a bag of ruffles. with sour cream.

Are you looking for a girlfriend, the poster, and having no luck?
Or does your girlfriend wish you were more earthly and less ethereal? Whack her with a spanner. It may turn her on and annoy SuchAFob. In the UK thats called ‘double bubble.’

nah, i’m just ruminating on some shit.

i mean why is cool so highly rated? some of the best people i’ve ever met couldn’t make the grade when it comes to cool, but they are precious people just the same.

do we guys have to be cool? maybe i don’t feel like being cool. maybe i don’t want be strong. maybe i’m tired of being strong. maybe i’d like to meet a hot chick in a bar and just start saying fucked stuff like i do on forumosa just to watch her get up and leave. she’d hear the words and not the heart.

why do we HAVE TO be cool? i feel so tired sometimes. i wish these damn women would stop demanding this of us. sometimes i just don’t feel cool. maybe i have a lot of health worries. maybe i’ve got money worries. maybe im having a fucked up day. do i have to be cool? maybe i wanna tell a girl my fears (a no no). mayube i’d like some loving first then i’ll be the strong man she’s asking for. maybe i’d like to hear “i know you can do it. i believe in you” first.

no no. women don’t want to GIVE you anything. you have to earn their “love”. no charity.

a man from china once told me:

nu ren yao BEI ai, bu yao GEI ai.

i read where women always say if a guy can;t hold eye contact with them he’s a loser. maybe the guy has been beaten by his parents when he was young. maybe abused before. maybe a whole lot of fucked up things happend to him. maybe just shy. why is shy weak?

society is teaching this stuff. we used to recognize shyness. now we vilify it as weak or the sign of a liar. why? can’t people just be shy? do we really have to have the killer gaze to be a man?

No you don’t. Smile, stand up and walk away, literally or metaphorically. You don’t have to let anyone pull your chain.

thanks.

[quote=“theposter”]nah, i’m just ruminating on some shit.

i mean why is cool so highly rated? some of the best people i’ve ever met couldn’t make the grade when it comes to cool, but they are precious people just the same.

do we guys have to be cool? maybe i don’t feel like being cool. maybe i don’t want be strong. maybe i’m tired of being strong. maybe i’d like to meet a hot chick in a bar and just start saying fucked stuff like i do on forumosa just to watch her get up and leave. she’d hear the words and not the heart.

why do we HAVE TO be cool? i feel so tired sometimes. i wish these damn women would stop demanding this of us. sometimes i just don’t feel cool. maybe i have a lot of health worries. maybe i’ve got money worries. maybe im having a fucked up day. do i have to be cool? maybe i wanna tell a girl my fears (a no no). mayube i’d like some loving first then i’ll be the strong man she’s asking for. maybe i’d like to hear “i know you can do it. i believe in you” first.

no no. women don’t want to GIVE you anything. you have to earn their “love”. no charity.

a man from china once told me:

nu ren yao BEI ai, bu yao GEI ai.[/quote]

I dunno. This sounds a bit ghey to me mate. People in general, not just women, don’t want to hear the problems of others. Especially not in a bar. They don’t want to take on the troubles of a stranger. And they can’t be sure of your boundaries. And the woman will want something from the exchange too. It’s also hard to hear the heart, when the words are ‘sqwak sqwak Im bananas.’

I get what you say, there is an unspoken role that men have to fulfill, and you get pee’d off playing the role, when sometimes you just want to be weak. My girl hates it when I show her my fears, and that used to annoy me. She’d reject me in my biggest time of need. But I see why now. She needs to place some trust in me that I will be a responsible suitor to her for the rest of her life. And when I’m weak emotionally that places some ideas in her head that I might not measure up long-term.

As you know, if there is a tacit role for men, then there is one for the ladies too. I’m not looking for my girl to fix the car, or steam wallpaper, or build the conservatory. Her strengths aren’t diminished in my eyes when she is emotionally weak, but the opposite case is certainly true.

Total equality in a relationship seems impossible to me, as you are both looking for a partner to fulfill certain ‘gender’ roles. The only way I think you can get that would be in a same sex relationship.

A certain poster may believe she is in an equal relationship, but from what I read it seems like she is the man, he is the woman, and it suits them both down to the ground.

So I say find male friends to be ‘weak’ around, butch up as much as you like with your wife, and don’t worry about all the other men and women on the planet. You found your chickita, now just focus on being true and happy with her.

[quote=“theposter”]

so i’ve come to the conclusion that women would rather have a guy that can fix a sink than a guy who can solve equations.[/quote]

Thats because plumbers earn more money than academics.

[quote=“theposter”]

just as banks don’t loan money to people who really need it, women don’t love men who really need it. it’s not a charity. you’d better be top shit if you wanna have a a wife. no weakness. no ying yang “i match your weakness with my strength and vice versa”. you must be all that and a bag of ruffles. with sour cream.[/quote]

Its true to an extent, but its also relative. Women just like guys who are confident in themselves. It doesn’t have to be about money, it can be as simple as life direction or working towards something greater.

Girls don’t like whiney guys who have excuses about whats wrong with the world. Insecurities aren’t necessarily exploited by all women, but all women will test their guys and judge their reaction. Its inbuilt into them. Don’t blame them for it; “Man Up”, get a hold of yourself and stop behaving like a woman (sorry to all women - SAF :slight_smile: - who feel insulted by that).

The question is, does she make you feel like a woman? :laughing:

[quote=“lupillus”]Guys who have a high IQ and are not socially/emotionally dysfunctional are attractive.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, the two go hand in hand more often than not. It’s been theorized that social dysfunctionality is a side-effect of high intelligence, because highly intelligent kids have a hard time relating to normals of low to average intelligence. Two people trying to have a conversation where there’s a large gap between them in intelligence, is a difficult process.

[quote=“Quentin”]
Unfortunately, the two go hand in hand more often than not. It’s been theorized that social dysfunctionality is a side-effect of high intelligence, because highly intelligent kids have a hard time relating to normals of low to average intelligence. Two people trying to have a conversation where there’s a large gap between them in intelligence, is a difficult process.[/quote]

Yeth, hence the reason it was stated. It’s a rare thing, an intelligent yet unscrewed up person.
Actually, they probably dont exist.

But how is it that those of lesser intelligence determine that in the first place? Social awkwardness doesn’t make someone ‘screwed up’.

I’ve met a few geniuses in my life. My thesis supervisor confessed that in order to fit in socially, he had to profile and then emulate people’s behaviour patterns. That doesn’t make him ‘screwed up’.

Far from it, the guy could solve problems and see solutions most of us could never dream of…and I’m not just talking about equations.

[quote=“Tyc00n”]But how is it that those of lesser intelligence determine that in the first place? Social awkwardness doesn’t make someone ‘screwed up’.

I’ve met a few geniuses in my life. My thesis supervisor confessed that in order to fit in socially, he had to profile and then emulate people’s behaviour patterns. That doesn’t make him ‘screwed up’.

Far from it, the guy could solve problems and see solutions most of us could never dream of…and I’m not just talking about equations.[/quote]

He ain’t screwed up because he can deal with people. Some people can’t. So they don’t fit in and are “screwed up” in social aspects. They may be a problem-solving genius and all, but they do not excell in every aspect of life. Not many people are science/math/professional geniuses while still being perfectly socially/emotionally fuctional is all I’m suggesting. People are social creatures, and if you don’t behave in a way society condones as normal, people will think there’s something wrong with you.

[quote=“superking”]It’s also hard to hear the heart, when the words are ‘sqwak sqwak Im bananas.’
[/quote]
It’s official. You caused me to shart. :bravo: :laughing:

I a) don’t buy into the outdated idea of “pants” in a relationship and b) believe my relationship to be equal. But let’s say I’m wrong. Let’s say I carry around a riding crop and keep my man in “his place”. Let’s say I am the dominant one in the relationship.
What would be the problem with this?
I also cannot help but notice that I am mentioned in most of your posts here- even ones not addressed to me. What is your obsession with me?

[quote=“Buttercup”]You don’t have to let anyone pull your chain.[/quote]Or can’t get anyone to.

This is so bunk.
I’ve got a high IQ and education up the wazoo, and I am so not sexy.

My idiotic (seriously stupid) buddy Jerry, on the other hand, had to beat women off with a stick. At least, that is, until he got the bright idea to live in an unheated trailer, got sick, decided to have all of his teeth pulled, and turned into a hill-billy caricature.

Ok… maybe smart and schooled gets sexy with age if you avoid unbecoming stupidity, but that’s it.

[quote=“Jaboney”]I’ve got a high IQ and education up the wazoo, and I am so not sexy.
[/quote]

Are you fishing for a compliment here Jaboney? I’ll take the bait. You is sexy. Especially when you wear the Indiana Jones hat.

I’ve found it to be a bit of both. A good tactic is usually to vary the shallow and the deep. Otherwise it gets boring. :smiling_imp: