Had great fun freezing my ex-employer's assets today

I recently won a judgment in the labor court. My ex-boss operates a buxiban and moved all the money out of its bank accounts before the case finished. She even told me in court yesterday that I’d never see a penny.

Well, what they failed to realize was, as owner of the school, I could freeze her personal assets. Today I froze numerous properties she owns (I can tape up her car/scooter too if I wish) and the clerk will now begin looking into what to order auctioned off. Hopefully they start with the family home.

Gratifying.

51 Likes

Good ! besides Gratifying I hope the news get out so other business (not only schools, all business) will not do what this lady did to you!

4 Likes

Expect some backlash but it’s an excellent outcome.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

Do you get the sense that the court system is increasingly taking us (that is, international residents of Taiwan) seriously—that there is increasing likelihood that our cases are to be judged on their merits and not on the colours of our skins?

Guy

5 Likes

My case was dealt with on its merits. Very bad news for employers relying on the notorious commission contact.

10 Likes

Hohoho. I would love to see their reaction when they find out.

I bet it will be vertible and grossly ineffective rage directed at a cardboard box or stapler.

2 Likes

Some of the guidance indicates the clerk may ask you to accompany them to the taping up if you are able to help identify an asset! You can also book a clerk to rendezvous with you to tape up a vehicle. I would love to tape up their scooter outside the school as they sat in the reception watching.

7 Likes

I would subscribe to that you tube channel.

Man she will be out the door cursing and raising a ruckus if ya all taped up her whip.

9 Likes

Very nice. Congrats!

Justice for foreigners!

11 Likes

I get the feeling I will be getting my money before we reach that point, but it’s fun to imagine. I am genuinely sad I can’t see her face when she gets the letter re her assets being frozen. I’d happily knock 10,000TWD from the total for video of that moment.

6 Likes

Better still, keep that NT$10,000 for yourself and enjoy the pleasures of imagination :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

3 Likes

Ballpark how much are we talking here?! >100K, >1KK or ??

One residence is definitely worth upwards of 15 million. Others look like a share of land/property. My claim is relatively modest, but the clerk said whatever is easiest to auction will be scheduled for sale and a notification letter sent.

4 Likes

That’s what I was wondering about, without meaning to pry, how much of a claim warrants that sort of seizure of assets action from the courts?!

You could be claiming 1TWD. If the debtor has ignored the court’s judgment and you have sent them a demand they fail to respond to, you can take this route and freeze your choice of some/all their assets.

10 Likes

Good job! Do you mind sharing us how much she owed you? You don’t need to give the number. But, just give us an idea. Does she owe you many months of salaries? If it was only one month of salary. It was much easier she pays you then going to court.

Did she owe you 10,000 NT only? OMG, wasn’t easier she just paid you than going through all this? Transferring the money is also breaking the law before the court makes the decision. If she was right, she didn’t have to transfer the money.

He didn’t say that.

3 Likes

I really wish to know the amount that these owners owe people. What kind of loss was it? Was it an accident? Owing many months of salaries?

1 Like

If he wants to say, he’ll tell us. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t. You’ve asked, he may answer or he may not. Let’s move on.

5 Likes